Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    likewise, I have not hit a paywall, everyone I run out of energy I just play versus and then leave it for a bit, seems perfect for me. Also had a few lucky level ups which meant I could keep playing when I had run very low on energy.

I have 100% of chapter 1 of act 1 done. I have also finished each stage of chapter 2, but that got a bit trickier towards the end...

I have about 6 or 7 two star characters and a couple of ones, my top three are currently Spider-Man at rank 2 lvl 4, black panther and wolverine both rank 1 lvl 4 or 5. They seem to be serving me well.

As for the dead pool iap, it looks to be pretty good, it's a maxed 3 star character with a bunch of other stuff. What I am not sure about is the price. It's a lot. I would have preferred a cheaper alternative, maybe just a dead pool lvl1, and some other few bits. $20 is just to much for what they are offering... But then all the IAP's are way to expensive IMO. I think these type of games should give a new player package ;)

2. Hoplake

Hoplake New Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I bought it and my Deadpool was level 1 (rank 1), which makes the deal a lot worse.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Mine was maxed out. Contact customer support.

4. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #204 TywinTheVile, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Yours was a Maxed out 3 star Deadpool? Meaning yours was rank 4 level 40 (or whatever max for rank 4 is) character? I don't believe you. No one I know that bought Deadpool got a maxed card. We all had to level him just like the rest of the characters. That being said, the pack gives you high level Iso-8 so you can level him up to 4 or 5 pretty fast. It also gives you 300 Units with which you can buy three crystals and potentially get more characters.

5. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I don't see why Oscar would lie (I have chatted with him before on other threads and he has always been genuine.) also when you look at his details on the offer, it says rank 4 Lvl 40

I just can't see myself dropping $20 on this game... Yet ;)

6. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    #206 TywinTheVile, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    They must have changed the offer then or not everyone has the same offer. As that is not what it said on my game nor the games of my friends. I bought it anyway to support the dev and because the game is fun. If your offer says max deadpool then I'd say it's worth $20 as mine didn't say that and I still think it was worth it.

FYI everyone in my global chat says theirs was rank 1 level 1. So, either Oscar was joking around or his offer was better than everyone I talked to. Sad day for me I guess.

Just in case anyone else is confused here is an official response from Kabam:

Dear TywinTheVile,

Thank you so much for contacting us today in regards to your recent Deadpool purchase. I am sincerely sorry to hear that the advertisement was vague. I will be more than happy to address this issue for you.

The 300 Units Deadpool Package that is offered in the store only contains a basic unleveled 3-Star Deadpool in addition to other useful items. This packages does, however, contain items that serve useful in leveling this Champion such as Gold and ISO-8s. The display on the home-page for every featured Champion, shows that Champion completely leveled up, displaying the potential of your purchase. We do apologize if this purchase yielded any false expectations, as those were not our intent.

I do hope the information I have provided you will serve useful. I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in relation to this issue today. ?If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We will be more than happy to help you with anything we can.

Have an excellent day, and thank you for playing.

Best Regards,
    Adam
    Marvel: Contest of Champions Support

So, anyone saying that their Deadpool was max from the start is mistaken or trolling. Hope this helped clear stuff up.

7. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #207 tahzblade, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    *Sigh*
    Oscar and others were not "mistaken or trolling"
    You must of bought a different offer.
    You see, after the Rank 4/ level 40 deadpool offer expired, they put out another deadpool offer but it was different then.

You must of bought the offer after the level4/level 40 deadpool offer expired.
    Maybe offers differ depending on the country you live in. Here where I live, in Australia after the Rank4/level 40 offer expired they released a different offer with deadpool Rank 2.

Edit: I was going to provide a screenshot for the follow up offer but for some reason the TA app crashes when I try to add an attachment.

8. Hoplake

Hoplake New Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Then I would say Kabam has handled this VERY poorly. As the offer I had only mentioned Level 3 Deadpool, and then you clicked to view Deadpool from the offer, it was fully leveled (as are all the featured characters).

So the info they offered was sparse and then the forums are full of info from previous offers, or other offers of almost same content others are having. Quite poor planning on their part.

9. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    just tried this game couple days ago, now I'm hooked :D

10. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Well considering my above post is a direct message from Kabam stating that all featured characters show what they character looks like at max level, but the character you get is a basic level 1 character, you sir are mistaken. I directly quoted Kabam and if you read what Kabam, the publisher of the game wrote, "The display on the home-page for every featured Champion, shows that Champion completely leveled up, displaying the potential of your purchase." The potential of your purchase, meaning that is what the card will be once you manually level them up.

I am just telling what I was told straight from the horses mouth so that future players are not mislead or confused.

I repeat, every featured character shows what they will look like at max rank and level, but the card you actually get will be the basic starting model. This is verbatim what Kabam told me. Maybe things were different during softlaunch, but I will trust what the dev told me and not hearsay on TA forums.

So, yes, the rest of you are mistaken and I am just trying to make sure future players are not mislead.

That is all.

11. C4wilson

C4wilson Active Member

Aug 28, 2014
    I think I like this game... but a few frustrations.
    My main question/comment is why even have the spinning gem element. After enough opening I am fairly positive when I click has no impact on what it selects, I just click the open 10 in the bottom now.

My second frustration is the daily events only give you the special reward once per route, yet the images/description imply otherwise (to me at least).

Lastly, less of a frustration, why make the first pvp event for those only with 3&4 stars, seems like a way over obvious attempt at our money. Make a good game and they should make plenty, no tricks necessary...

Anyways besides that its pretty fun. Although I am still playing injustice.

12. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    You're right, You are right and everyone else is wrong. My bad.

13. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    There IS a second Arena option if you scroll to the right. That one is limited to just 2* Heroes, and having at least three of them is a lot more accessible.

(If it makes you feel any better, I completely missed that at first myself. You'd think they'd give the 2* version top billing at the moment instead of the 3*-4* only one ...)

It's a little silly how much the arena favors the player, though. You can select from three opponents (seeing one member of their team and their overall power level before you commit to fighting them), you can select the ORDER your opponent has to fight you in (pretty much guaranteeing no type-disadvantages), and you're facing AI Bots. They might as well add an "auto win" button while they're at it.

Unlike the 1-on-1 fights which are auto-win for nine battles and then you just HAPPEN to always get matched with opponents of vastly higher numerical strength until you break streak.

14. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Didn't know you could rearrange once you have the matchup!!

Also I started getting matched with higher groups after 5 streaks. I only lost when the overall rank of my opponents was double my own rank! Still I only lost 2-1 :)

I actually am really enjoying this game. It has become my current go to game. Although I really want to play some other games I keep coming back to this at the mo :) as soon as I have the cash (waiting for payday ;)) I will be buying some IAPs to show my gratitude :)

15. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #215 ImLegend, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    help, where to find the green catalysts?? which events?

Attached Files:

16. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    There is a special event every day that cycles through the different class catalysts. I think science is Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm not sure.

17. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #217 ImLegend, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    thanks. I think the middle daily special event(COLLECTOR FREE-FOR-ALL) is the one you're talking about.

[​IMG]

I can tell the "easy" level only given out Cosmic right now(by the colour of the picture)? how about the medium level, from the diagram it seem given out Mystic/Tech/Cosmic PLUS Science, right? but my current level only good enough for easy level. I beat the "easy" level many times, but it doesn't give me any Cosmic catalysts... any idea why not?

the description is kinda useless, more explanation will be helpful, thx

Attached Files:

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Anyone know when we will get our tournament rewards???

19. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    @ImLegend the Sunday special quest (collectors free for all) seems to be a random reward quest, but every other day of the week it is a class specific catalyst quest, today being mutant (not that you're garunteed catalysts, just that they have are available there).
    @Mess I already got my tournerment rewards, I'm assuming you get them right after the event ends, but I was asleep when this one ended so idk.

20. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I just got a single Mutant Catalyst by doing the easy route on today's. Assuming the hard route might give you two? The regular catalysts come from quest crystals and the normal daily event proving grounds.

I got my tournament reward also. 3-star Hawkeye and a champion Crystal that gave me a duplicate 2-star Gamora, which gave me the resources to rank my Gamora up. Good deal for not a lot of work!