Universal Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pham, Dec 15, 2015.

1. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Hey andysmash, have the implemented auto battle yet or not?

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Won't they have new releases of characters and chapters like the original every month or so?

3. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Nope. This is a game, not a movie that you fast forward through because you only like the part when the battle is over and the heroes kiss.

4. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Remember - this game was made by Playdom. Do you feel like trusting them to do this? Considering their last new Avengers Alliance (Tactics) game was cancelled during soft launch and they allowed Avengers Alliance 1 to rot because they literally were not smart enough to fix simple bugs, I personally do not trust them. They need to earn that, and boy, will that take a lot of work.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #105 Based Xatu, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    This game would not work with auto battle, PvP proves how stupid the A.I. is. It's like playing a FF game with auto on, it won't work because this isn't a farming game.

6. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Oh yeah, the PVP AI has all the same problems as AA1. Some heroes only recharge, others use the wrong moves in the wrong order, etc. And you can still do the exploit where putting your phone into airplane mode lets you negate the PVP match you started so you won't lose the energy or get a loss. Ridiculous. And there are potentially hackers or exploiters at work. I've had matches with enemies that had impossible levels of health and damage output. Add on to that the unbalanced Wasp and way overpowered Electro and - yeah, the PVP here is not good.

7. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    #107 Based Xatu, Feb 4, 2016
    Wasp isn't the issue, it's the evasion mechanic. Evasion trumps everything in this game. Electro isn't exactly OP either, he has pretty high damage output when fully buffed, but his hp is laughable, and without most of his moves being at 4* he's really slow. The only time he's a serious threat is when he's with star lord, with all that accuracy and evasion.

The scariest team setup I'm seeing right now has to be Angela/Iron Fist/Luke Cage. It's like the free attacks never end.

8. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Wasp is the issue because of her level 20 Innate power that makes Grazes turn into 0 damage. In order for status effects to take effect, you have to both beat the odds (70% chance to bleed, for instance) and also hit. Since Graze goes to 0, you both can't hit her and you can't apply status effect. Her high evasion stat is a part of that, but look - I've used a level 20 Wasp to beat a team of three level 30 heroes in PVP. Her evasion stat couldn't have been higher than their accuracy. It is the innate power that causes the real problem. Anyone can have high evasion and still be taken out with high accuracy, Hawkeye, status effects, etc. But she's special.

And yeah, Electro can be dealt with (as long as you don't get two group stuns in a row from him, then Star Lord, then Wasp's Queen Bee). And yes, free attack teams are amazing. Angela hits for 5% of damage on her first attack, then her free followup takes the other 95%. Amazing. But there's ISO for that. You can reduce the impact of free attacks. There's no ISO solution to Wasp. She's specifically and uniquely overpowered.

But this is from the developers that made Quicksilver and Juggernaut in AA1. So...

9. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Thanks for the smart reply Andy. Just asking a question. People like you discourage others from commenting or asking questions around here.

10. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Infiltrators? My gamora takes out most of the wasps I encounter in PvP- wasp isn't even that fast, and a decent infiltrator can set her up to be debuffed.

Wasp only had evasion going for her, maybe speed, everything else is below subpar. She has to recharge after every two three moves, so if you even focus on the rest of the team then move to her, you'll be fine. The highest evasion wasp I've fought so far was past 10k with spritely applied 3x, and I would just wait until the little pest had to recharge, and she dropped back down to 5k. Wasp can still be debuff with mental debuffs that do no damage, so I don't see what the issue is.

11. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Asking for a game you play to be turned into a video you watch is bad. It deserves discouragement.

12. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    #112 andysmash, Feb 4, 2016
    She just feels unfair in ways that no one else is. But if you say she can be dealt with, I'll keep struggling with it and see.

Update: Nevermind. Not bothering with PVP. Brought Iron Fist, Star Lord and Black Widow (all level 30) into battle. Faced Electro, Captain America and Angela. Never even got to take a turn. Group stun, one hit KO'd twice, stunned by Cap, ko's by Angela. Pointless to play.

13. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Please quote where I "asked" for this game to have autoplay.
    Even if it did have autoplay, would it hurt you? No. It wouldn't. It would simply interest maybe more people to the game. It's not like you HAVE to play on autoplay. It's a turn on, turn off feature. Nobody would be forcing you to play on auto.
    In a game that is so grindy in its mechanisms, yes autoplay would be a smart choice for casual gamers. Not everyone has time to devote hours upon hours to "grind" away to beat the storyline and rank decently in tournaments.
    Open your mind up a little Andy and have some respect for members. I've read many of your posts here on TA for quite a while and I've enjoyed a lot of your feedback. I ask a simple question and you turn it into a smart comment. Thanks for your comment either way. I just know in the future I won't be asking you anything nor comment anything towards you.

14. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Bro, this game cannot be done on auto play, you would lose every match. You have to plan every move you make and who is attacking next a lot in this game. If you want though, DC comic legends is kinda similar(not as good) and it has auto mode( the ai is awful and uses moves in the same rotation without considering any factors).

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    True but they supported the Facebook version for a long time. I want to have better faith in them this time around especially now that Disney is in control. We shall see

16. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Playdom just announced autoplay for the game, coming at a later date. Unreal.

17. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Noooooo. This isn't even a resource farming game. People are going to get their teams dropped left and right lol. I hate mobile gamers, bro.

18. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Random thoughts:

1. So excited to finally have a new PvP tournament! I love the way their PvP system works and Heimdall looks awesome.
    2. I understand the comments for and against an autoplay system. I do think there is a nice benefit of an autoplay system for those of us that are busy. Why spend time farming something when you can get 3 stars easily? It is not a game once you over level.
    3. There are some bugs still in the game, but I wish it was live for everyone.
    4. I still think Wasp is too strong. She is easily the best Tank, and that just seems wrong...

19. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Wasp only great stat is evasion, they've boosted the benefits of defense on the last patch- let it go.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Right. So Marvel FF for instance I like to set it to auto play (after having 3 stars already)while I am working.