Universal Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pham, Dec 15, 2015.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Just hit Rank 3 in PVP using Thor, Star Lord and Hawkeye. Between Thor's extra Discharge, Star Lord's free attacks and Hawkeye's Overwatch I'm hitting every opponent so many times that I typically wipe the team without going under 75% damage. It is brutal. Luke Cage and Groot are the only opponents I worry about, but they still don't last long.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I hate not having a bunch of different characters! Has anyone ranked a class, I cant get all the materials it seems.

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Yes i have, save your gold for the scouting missions you will get the stuff drop.

4. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I've raised my Hawkeye up to 2-star. Isn't hard. Just do scouting missions and complete the trials. I didn't even use gold to do it. Also, note that the move to Level 20 requires class specific materials from special class-specific scouting missions.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is this in any other stores because I forgot my AU account information :(

6. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I got to S Rank with Iron Man, Daredevil and Luke Cage. Wasn't hard but I assume it will be much more difficult when the game goes live. Also, I want my prizes and not having to wait over a month! :)

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    If you had the full 'Hell's kitchen' setup, that would have been awesome. It would be cool if we could see how our setups work against other people.

8. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    I have a new love and respect for Groot. I just faced a team with Hulk, Captain America, and Hawkeye that were higher level than my team. My Hawkeye was one shot by CA, so I saw that as a bad sign, and I was sure I was going to lose-- then Groot turned on his mega tank abilities, and shrugged off all the damage they were throwing. His health dropped pretty low, but then the heals were kicking in, while Thor was dropping thunder on the whole team. Took about 10 minutes to chip away at their health, but Groot was great protection against the enemy AI.

9. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yeah; Groot seems like an amazing tank.

10. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    #90 Egokiller, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    PvP is defiantly screwy. My current team is 19 Thor, 19 hawk, and 18 moonknight. I just faced a team in PvP that had 3 characters between level 7-11. The 11 hulk almost one shot my hawk and the lvl 7 starlord actually did one shot my moonknight (tactic should not be one shoting a bruiser 11 lvls higher). I'm not sure what is going on. Could be a lvl display error in PvP. Could be sort of hacking. I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope it gets fixed by the time global launches.

11. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    When has PvP ever displayed the enemies' level?

12. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I thought pvp put all characters on the same level, to forgo the underleveling advantage of AA1. My guys at lvl 8 were pretty buffed out when I first started PVP. I think the only way to get advantages are through equipping iso-8, and leveling moves, and maybe ranking up a star on the character.

13. Egokiller

Mar 19, 2013
    Click and hold on an enemy in PVP, it's brings up stats of the opponent and their lvl.

14. Egokiller

Mar 19, 2013
    Good point. There might be some sort of PvP normialzation.

15. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Thank you, I never thought to do that lol. Seriously, thank you.

16. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    There is not. In PVP I slaughter level 8 foes in a single shot and can't scratch level 30 enemies.

17. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    This game seems very generous with gold and heroes. I have pulled quite a few heroes, and have ended up with 2 rare, 2 uncommon and several common not counting the free Avenger. I have no complaints at all, for a freemium game, other than the energy to battle gets costly at higher difficulties (somewhat offset by the increasing in max at level).

18. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    I finally completed the game, and I have to say this game is a huge example of why you play games in soft launch. They changed quite a bit of the rewards and drops you would normally get, and I feel kinda bad for people who play this after.

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I didn't know this soft launched yet! Hey fellow AA1 players! Glad to see that they have improved upon PVP. Can't wait till it launches everywhere I need to play this!!

20. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    You'll enjoy it, but... just... look, I'm currently done with the game. As in, I have every hero worth having and all missions completed, PVP is over (I got the max prize) and the only things left to do are challenges so hard they're not fun and can only be beaten because the devs haven't balanced anything yet. I got like 3 good weeks out of it, and now there's nothing to do that's worth doing. There's no incentive to do anything other than leveling skills for heroes I don't care about. This game is not "ready" yet. If it launches like this, without anything MORE to do? Oy. It'll be a shame.