Universal Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pham, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The problem is that the premium pulls can be skills or characters. My last 4 pulls were skills so im stuck with my same 4 guys. No way to get one you want and no guarantee youll get anyone when you do pull. I could spend hundreds and still not get spiderman or iron man. Has anyone found a source of premium currency other than the achievements?

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Leveling up.

Leveling is incredibly slow, and gaining resources takes a long time. The issue with this, is that early players who could get hooked will be turned away. The only reason to play betas on these things is to get all the good stuff before they do balancing.

3. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ah I knew that.

I could be sitting here and trying to play this game at work using energy to level up on easy levels. But noooooo, theres no auto so id have to pay attention and click every action. Also theres no basic attack. characters have their own resources etc that get built up, so if theres no resource for a turn I cant attack, I have to use a dif type of skill I may not want to use. cmon man.

4. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    PVP has been pretty well done, and if they don't add an armoury it might stay that way.

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I hope they take a page from Future Fight and allow auto fights as well as no random pulls on characters. That is the key factor that makes Future Fight so awesome....the ability to get what you want, not a random percentage chance at maybe getting something you want.

6. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Twice I have won 5 gold from those roulette wheel prizes.

7. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    TA announced on their "coming tonight" page that this was due out, however, Marvel states 2016. :/

8. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I loved the first game, hopefully this is just as good. Downloading now :)

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I got 50 gold from a basic crystal this morning.

10. hansheinen

hansheinen Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Graphics = Win, The Rest....

First, the game looks awesome, especially compared to the first one. The play is fairly quick, and I love that you can swap abilities for different visual/combat effects. So, that's all good.

Gameplay: Having sunk the last two weeks of my life into STAR WARS: GALAXY OF HEROES, it's painfully obvious that you can do random character pulls on a lottery EFFECTIVELY by making it possible to get resources every day. The grind here is so massively slow that it's ridiculous. I won't sink the time or real cash into it if I can, by some great fortune, get a character I want, yet be unable to level the character in a timely fashion. If my existing squad is powered up through a week of grinding and playing, I don't care if I get a character I actually want if he can't join in immediately. What's the point?

SWGOH nails everything, down to the x2 autoplay, auto-battles for gear, etc. It's not perfect, and obviously designed to harvest cash, but I'm oK with that since the whole package is fun. This just looks awesome. Gameplay needs a lot of work and balancing.

11. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    My same thoughts. I was hoping this to be at least as good or hopefully a better reskin of SWGOH but its far from. My last 5 premium pulls from earned currency have been abilities...Im basically playing the Hawkeye, gamora, iron fist and Drax game now as i dodnt see any other characters anywhere on the horizon and those are my only 4.

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    In a hint menu between loads I saw reference to Gold, Superior and (?) Ultimate (?) power cells for summoning characters. I'd assume that means there will be more ways to get heroes. I've got 6 characters now, so I'm going to start saving my gold for potential other options.

Also, remember to sign up on the official before worldwide release for a free Guardians of the Galaxy hero and play for a week for a free Avengers hero.

Edit: Also, impressions:

Luke Cage is amazingly powerful. I don't have him, but he always beats me in PVP (except for once when Hawkeye one-shotted him)
    She-Hulk is a real beatstick - she does massive damage.
    Hawkeye, with his Speed Shot (can attack up to 3 times) can be devastating.
    I'm fairly certain Vision is the worst hero in the game.

13. florhackson

Nov 18, 2010
    Nice to see some names from the Avengers Alliance 1 massive thread we kept going. Hopefully some more transfer over as this does not feel like IAP hell at all. So far.

14. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I am ready to play this right now. When is it going to be ready for the US?

15. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Next year, right before civil war I'm guessing.

16. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I was just thinking the same thing. Good to see some familiar "faces" lol.

17. Shado_8t

Shado_8t Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I'm in chapter 3, and simply can not get past the first stage. The enemies are very strong, I'm facing the paywall. In order to win the stage, i have to use 5 gold, sometimes even 15. My heroes are on a good level. I have:

Hawkeye - Level 19
    Moon Knight - Level 18
    Captain America - Level 15
    Black Panther - Level 12
    She - Hulk - Level 11
    Spider Woman - Level 9

Oh, and almost got to Angela, I just need to move forward more two leagues. I hope it helps. My code is: 887-271-223

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am liking this a bit more now that I got lucky and pulled a 3 star skill for one of my guys. That seriously has helped a ton.

19. florhackson

Nov 18, 2010
    Star Lord is the most OP character atm. His frenzied move (buffs all 3 characters so they can join in on any single attack), his passive frenzy(chance to gain an attack when an enemy character attacks or is attacked). Combine that with hawkeye and rocket racoon (Hawkeye has a move that adds a frenzied buff to that move, and both heroes can hit stealthy heroes with single target attacks), and that would be a sick team.

20. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    That's funny, because it seems like every team setup has the potential to be dangerous-- that's awesome! Iron man and Thor are pretty drangerous, and I'm getting a pretty great build iron fist too. Seriously I love the balance in this game, fingers crossed for xmen characters like the first game(very unlikely)#