Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    A-Bomb recruited last night at 11 p.m., no money spent, less than 10 crystals used to speed things up. And I actually started almost a day late. So it was easily doable for free. I really enjoy my time spent with Avengers Academy. There still isn't really any gameplay, aside from managing timers, but the character interactions are great, the little story stuff is fun and there's something satisfying about these events. It is an incredibly casual game, but that's OK sometimes. I like it.

2. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    So I may be really bad at math but it seems like red hulk won't be obtainable without spending at least a little bit of money.

3. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Actually getting Red Hulk is easier than A-Bomb because you recieve 11 blockers from fighting him instead of 5. Thank goodness!

4. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Indeed - not only is Red Hulk obtainable without dishing any cash, you can actually get some sleep as well!

Also, anyone that managed to get A Bomb will have a slightly easier time - he has a 12 hour task that gets you 1 or 2 Red Gamma.

5. JourneymanWelder

Jan 30, 2016
    this is like the kim kardashian version of the avengers, this is a mockery!

6. spatenau@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks for mentioning it. I got A-Bomb but didn't think 150@5/each was doable. 11/each shouldn't be a problem.

7. SuperLobster06

SuperLobster06 New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Is there any way to restart your game? Picked it up on initial release and made it part way through tutorial and haven't touched it since. Redownload it and it is back where I left off and i am kind of wishing to go over the beginning again. I swear I looked through the menus, in case it's obvious. #

8. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Wish I'd read this before I bought a red lab! Oh well, the game deserves a little support.

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I said to myself if I don't get a bomb I'm deleting this pile of shit and I missed 1 day because I went out to a gig and guess what? Didn't get him even though I had the app open at every other opportunity.

The devs just seem like all they care about is getting your money and as much of it as they can given the last two events. Sure apparently this one was possibly if you didn't sleep nor have any sort of life but in my eyes built as a cash grab rather than giving people a fair amount of time.

My opinion of these devs is now very poor after this game I dislike them

10. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Wish we could store buildings to aid redesigning

11. Tubatic

Tubatic Member

Jan 8, 2016
    In case anyone hadn't noticed, A-Bomb has an activity that you can activate that generates Red Blockers. It's not connected to any quests (yet?), so it's easy to miss. Not sure how much it pays out, but should help this week.

I'm not trying to buy red labs!

12. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Missed a-bomb. At 44 red blockers now. I WILL get red hulk, dagnabbit!

13. Tubatic

Tubatic Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Ha! A-bomb will generate *1* red blocker for 12h of rolling around! Wow! That's maybe barely worth it! Ah well.

14. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    You get 1 more red blocker per A-bomb level

15. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Already at 103 red blockers and Monday is just ending. Should have all the required blockers by tomorrow evening then hopefully the recruit missions aren't crazy long

16. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Digibear are you using any particular strategy or extra decos?

17. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    So, the red gamma emmitter isn't emmitting any red gamma, unlike the blue gamma emmitter, which emmitted 5 per day.

Bug? Or intentional?

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm at the place as Digibear. No extra decorations, and the strategy is simple - put a timer on the phone so I know when to check back with them. Easy as that. The match works out to be able to finish it with plenty of time if you watch your clock. I got A-Bomb on Friday morning (with the final fight actually being finished Thursday night, I just didn't collect it then) and didn't spend money or anything like that.

19. Tubatic

Tubatic Member

Jan 8, 2016
    113 for me, only "extra" is three blockers from A-Bomb.

I'm pretty sure I'll make it by Friday.

20. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    99 currently. Should have no problems making it.