Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Tubatic

Tubatic Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Is the level capped at 21 now?

2. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I heard it is 27 now. I am 23.5 at present so at least 24.

3. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    If you buy Hulk early, does he disappear from the Gamma Zone?

Also, is Baron Zemo worth it? I'm tempted to buy him since I'm enjoying the game, but I don't want to just throw $20 out the window.

4. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Zemo isn't really worth more than the other premium characters. He does pop up a tad more than the others on the mission board, or at least it seems that way to me, but he's tasks are a bit on the long side. So if you liked any of the other premiums, he's a good buy, but if you didn't like them, he won't like amaze you in any particular way, and is just another hole to pour money and items in.

5. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    Regarding the Hulks event, can you build a gamma lab and send BOTH Vision and Spider-Woman? Or just one or the other?

6. jsr310

jsr310 Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Regarding the hulk event, is the blue emitter just a decoration or does it help get with getting items to unlock A-bomb?

7. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Just one. So really you only need 1 premium character to make it through this event faster.

8. Bladejay

Bladejay Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #128 Bladejay, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Anyone else unable to open the game now? Been trying for the last few hours. The game stalls at the loading screen.

Never mind, got it working by deleting and reinstalling.

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Think we can actually get a-bomb this time without spending unlike Zemo? Or think we can only get him if we buy those iap items to generate enough currency for him

10. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    #130 Lelqtian, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Depends on how much you've fought him already, like if you have let's say, at least 50 blue gamma, maybe a couple of fights in reserve, and if you plan on sleeping till the end of the event. And you'll probably be cutting it close.

Also, After you have 100 blue gamma, Tony has to fight him again for half an hour, and then you get A Bomb.

The emitter and the other rewards are just decorations, they don't do anything in particular.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I've been training and fighting him whenever I open the app and that's probably more often than many bother with, don't have the 60 reward yet though so not there yet

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm at 75 Gamma Blockers right now. Fairly certain I'll finish on Friday morning. I might have made a tiny little spreadsheet to help me calculate who to send when.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm only on 45, when does it even end? Looked like it said 11/3 think I'll stop bothering with this game.

All events and special heroes are clearly meant for only if you purchase things

14. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    I'm at 80 right now. I imagine I'll finish sometime tomorrow.

15. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It ends on Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern.

I haven't spent a cent on the game yet, and have spent less than 5 shards to speed up things in this Gamma event, and that was only because I was about to go into a movie and wanted to finish up the last 10 minutes of the timer. It is pretty easy to without spending money.

16. Mortlach

Mortlach Member

May 10, 2014
    Can you go right into this fight or do you need to train up Tony again?

17. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    Sitting at 92! Loki will be done fighting in 3 hours, and A-Bomb has a tiny sliver of health left. Hoping this finishes him off.

So far I spent money on Spider-Woman and War Machine, plus the gamma laboratory. Guess that means the only things I didn't bite on were Vision and purple-mask-dude-I'm-currently-brainfarting-on.

18. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Purple mask is baron zemo

19. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Not really sure - not there yet - but I don't so. In any case, in about 20 hours I would know more ;)

20. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    So, no, for the last fight with A Bomb, Tony doesn't require additional training. In fact, any extra training anyone has would be lost.

A Bomb has a quest line, once he's joined, it's green, no idea if it's limited until the end of the weeks, probably not.

On Friday evening - 3 am Saturday for me, it's a ridiculous time to start an event - starts the Red Hulk portion of the "fun". Yay, collecting Red Gamma. Hopefully, someone at TinyCo listened, and it's better tuned than this weeks, I didn't see one comment (over at the sub reddit) of anyone liking it.

At least daily login rewards are in (among other stuff) and many people behind on the Blue Gamma reported getting some in those chests, relatively catching them up in time to finish and get A Bomb on time. (I got some shards).

In the end, while I enjoy the game, this event has been ridiculous. Yeah, it's doable without paying (well, I ended up speeding up the end, but I would have completed it anyway without) but it stops all other progress - I hardly earned any money or books this week - and forces me to babysit the dolls at insane levels, including losing sleep and waking up in the middle of the night. And there's yet another one next week, and a 3rd one possibly (battling the Brain probably). I really hope they don't continue this insanity - and reports from players of the Family Guy game are not exactly positive.