Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I hate to admit this (especially on this forum, where 90% of freemium apps are villainized the moment they are released) but I am really enjoying this "game". I am level 18 and have most quests completed. I couldn't put my finger on why I am enjoying it so much, exactly, but this writer nailed it on the head: http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/16/11006882/avengers-academy-game

Couldn't say it better.

2. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I've been playing since release day. I finally got to level 18 (the level cap) just now. Tomorrow is the update so it all works out for me. :)

3. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    The general consensus seems to be that upgrading buildings is smarter than leveling up heroes. How about buying new buildings? I'm wondering if I should save up for Avengers Stadium or use the money to level up a few people.

4. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Generally new buildings would be better since you're opening new spots for people to work but for the Stadium, most heroes will need to be leveled up anyway just to use it.

I would say to buy it just to open it up for some characters and also because of the long wait time. There will probably be a quest asking you to buy it so you may as well get it early if you can and want to.

5. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I believe both are about an hour. The costumes are worth it though in my opinion. You will still get higher reward quests using actions that are now reduced in time.

6. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    The Stadium is really the only building I'm not crazy about. I bought it as soon as it became available, yet it hardly every is used for quests. If you have built/upgraded all the other buildings, you might as well build it. Otherwise I'd consider the Stadium low priority.

7. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Get the Stadium. There is a quest about it, it diverts some of the heroes some of the time to it, so this frees up some slots for other things. Uou might have to shift some buildings around, it takes a lot of space.

Costumes are worth it, it seems, they open up other actions and new quests. You might want to think about the 2 premuim ones (this far) but Loki looks cool as an Ice giant, and the quest seems funs.

8. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, costumes are great. They give you new tasks and reduce time on tasks; and they even reduce time for those tasks if you switch to a different look you like better.

9. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    You sure about that? I'm pretty sure Widow's Bite only has the diminished time if I'm wearing the outfit? I'll double-check that.

10. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Correction: Tinker takes 7 hours.

11. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Some tasks force a character to wear the necessary outfit. However, the quests that have time reductions get the bonuses regardless of which outfit the character has on.

12. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    The new update finally came out about an hour ago. It adds a limited time beach quest, costumes, decorations and you can now buy the arena at level 18. Plus I am getting exp so that means the level cap has been raised. Huzzah!

13. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I think characters switch outfits if they need one for a task automatically. So it's not a problem.

The new update seems strange, but fun. At least the level cap has been raised.

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    This is surprisingly fun considering there is not much to do other than wait for timers. It just goes to show just how much good production values can improve things.

The prices for the IAP are a bit excessive however - to get Iron Man's beach costume, I'd have to spend £7.99 to get enough gems, that's just crazy.

15. peterpunk72

peterpunk72 Active Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Good: Marvel heroes
    Bad: the rest
    Although there is a little rest.
    Great game of timers anyway but I hate timers in the early morning.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not the person who pours s*** on games but even games That my 2years old child plays are much more challenging or at least better designed than this.
    A Marvel games with no interaction, no fights, no action, nothing...who is the genius behind this.
    Great production value but it should not be a barbie world.

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Very strange having a beach theme at the moment considering the time of year.

There really isn't much to the game so I don't know why I keep playing but I guess just for the story or something? It's not like it takes much time anyway

17. Toasty_Cat

Toasty_Cat Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Norwich
    I bought it since the 3 star outfit looks kinda weird, testing toys is 7 hours, deal is 3.

Honestly, people are getting mad over the lack of gameplay and not being able to earn money; but I'm at level 18, I've bought Spider-Woman, and like people have said it's about upgrading buildings so you can have multiple people in one building, or spread them around different buildings.
    I have 7 slots for quests now, so with careful assigning I can make about 4K a day, plus the (admittedly infrequent)Spider-Woman 100% bonus currency quests help a lot too.
    She does get quests involving other people too, so it's not like she doesn't add to the game.
    Enjoying this immensely, they want the game to be about the story, and I love it, the characters feel fun and fleshed out in their roles.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've been wondering, can you get vision, war machine and spider woman in game normally or are they only iap?

19. Toasty_Cat

Toasty_Cat Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Norwich
    Only available through premium currency I'm afraid.
    They give you premium double currency quests, their own series of quests, and a few quests involving other heroes, but otherwise they don't really contribute too much to the game.

20. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    IAP characters don't always double mission rewards, only sometimes they boost the gold reward - a boost can be between 25 and 100 %. Technically, you can get them without paying, but with level caps and measely shard rewards at level up, I really doubt anyone will be getting them without paying anytime soon. Having Spiderwoman, War Machine or Vision, or a combination of them, including all 3, gives you a bit of variety in the mission list - since they actually start popping up in tasks eventually.