Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Me too. Every 2 hrs I've stopped what I was doing and looked at my phone. Currently waiting on 715 to hit.. then 915.. and then I get a nice 8 hr break.

2. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    I was sick for two days wasn't really on my phone so I'll be one of those non finishers. But I'm not gonna whine about it. I don't really think these characters were designed well(except for black knight I'll be sad I don't get him).

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Dude, worth is so subjective when it comes to value in digital goods. But yeah, I have Union Jack now, too, and I'm pretty happy about that. His 5* uniform looks cool.

Also, just realized today via the Reddit that I can change back to 1* costumes, which is great because I think those had more thought than the 3* (of course, the 5* costumes are basically the actual costumes, so those are generally great).

4. Lobius

Lobius Active Member

May 11, 2016
    Stonehenge ????

I was wondering if anyone had the same ideal but like me didn't do it because it cost to much so I wrote support asking if we could get more monuments after the event that cost gold doubting we will but it worked when alot of people asked to keep C.W. event building so here's the ideal if we get access to the mystical and ancient monuments after the event. Put the ancient portal in the center with 4 mystical monuments covering the sides and 4 ancient monuments at the corners... if any of you had a similar ideal message support with any luck they'll give us a chance to make stonehendge.

5. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    The only, apparently, saving grace is I finished Black Knight tonight...

So I get my Tony and BW back long enough to keep going with quests. It's weird seeing characters like Hawkeye, Taskmaster, and the like... but not actually having them in my academy yet.

BUT I might have JUST enough time to get some of them.

Also trying to run down the questlines for each of the lvl 5's. Is that ever worth it for stuff or is it just fluff story?

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Timefog! That's what the fog is doing to the Academy.

7. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Seems like the spiderman event is upon us... I used to get so excited about these events... Now I just wish they give us a break. Still I'm VERY curious what heroes we will be able to recruit during this one ^^

8. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    According to the reddit (which is quoting interviews and Twitter), there is supposed to be a gap between the end of British Invasion and the beginning of the gigantic Spider-Man event. During the gap, new story sections will be released, which will allow players to unlock the Gamma Zone and Hulk. But do get ready - the Spider-Man event will be the biggest event (longest? most things to do? most time consuming? "physically" largest?) in the game thus far.

9. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I see... Thank you for sharing this info. To be honest I don't even know how I feel about all this... A gigantic event? Will it be like couple of month in length then? Damn...

Definitely looking forward to the gamma zone and all the new stuff though. I hope they will really add it before lunching unleashing the Spidey...

10. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    #590 Akabur, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Wait, I think the Spidey event just started for me 0_0

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now that the event started officially... I just had to update the app...

11. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Is the level cap right now 30? If not my xp meter isn't going up anymore.

12. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    #592 Ikeda, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    They were supposed to extend level cap to 35 but from what I gather, no ones level is going up.

FYI, Doc Ock and Osborne have started showing up in my quests this morning. I own Spidey though so that may have something to do with it.

P.S. Just like Akabur, my app didn't show it needed an update. Once I force refreshed, there's the new app icon.

P.P.S. Stops at quest Webs We Weave pt 4....

P.P.P.S. From the article:

The Spider-Man event will be more than six weeks long, split into two distinct parts!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26323/spider-man_returns_to_avengers_academy#ixzz4CPf8ynSQ

13. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
  14. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Thank Jeru, good looking out. I don't visit reddit normally but I may have to bookmark it.. especially if this takes 6 weeks :)

15. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It's a really good Reddit community. Lots of helpful posts. And TinyCo reps showed up a couple of days ago, so there should be some direct contact with the development team.

16. SuperLobster

SuperLobster Member

May 21, 2016
    So, do you need to be a specific level for this to kick off? I'm currently at 7. Just curious.

17. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    The stuff is there now. Anyone else's billboard went blank?

18. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Quests are populating now.

19. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Except those rat &@*$&!@s locked a character (Spiderman) I PAID for.... wtf

Those pieces of garbage.. you can't lock a character I BOUGHT. That's BS.

20. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Wait, really? Must be a bug. File a ticket?

Update: verified bug, TinyCo on the case.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/4pktuu/spiderman_relocked/.compact