Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    This is WAIFU academy, man. Or at least it used to be... It's slowly turning into crap lately...

Does DMK have good writing and cute girl with interchangeable outfits? If so I'm game!

2. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    What's DMK?

3. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Google suggests its Disney magic kingdom

4. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I'm not sure then. Because honestly, doing the 2 hrs.. I don't remember getting the "black" shard to drop. And my portal is in a pretty decent area. In the 4 hrs and 8 hrs... I've seen them dropping.

5. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I like Disney well enough, and I tried DMK, but I hated it.

The things I like best about AA is the dialogue and animation. The dialog in DMK is mediocre to bad and the animations are boring. Also, despite the difficulty of the AA events, I enjoy the challenge most of the time. I complete them all without buying anything except the premium characters for completion aspect (and they rarely help).

Both games have way too many characters locked behind pay walls.

6. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016

Totally agree on the animations and the dialog part.

Quite often when I play AA I think to myself: "Hey, this is quite clever actually". And I also tried Disney Magic Kingdoms...

7. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I still play both but DMK has a long way to go if they want any of my money. AA, I like and find myself throwing money at... to the disbelief of my spouse.

Update: 2H ones have at least been consistently giving me 1 stone a piece now. But only Enchantress/Tony can do 1 stone quests. Widow is 4H/8H... sooooo...

8. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    How is everyone doing? I'm avoiding spending money, this time around, and am only just now at 50 starstones, despite being pretty good about keeping my guys busy. I've been doing the minimum quests, saving the 8 hr ones for when I'm sleeping. Not sure if I'm going to make it in the next 2 days without getting one of the buildings.

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    82 stones, no shards spent. Easiest event yet.

10. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Same here... I don't really care mush for the "gay invasion" so I'll probably not will be able to get any of the characters... I do my best just in case, but not going to spend any shards this time around.

11. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gay invasion? I mean... really. Why would you make such a comment?

12. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    He's probably just uncomfortable that Union Jack is a homosexual and admits it openly in a dialogue with Widow.

13. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Yeah, pretty much. I'm allowed to speak my mind, right?
    Please don't ban me. Some of my best friends are gay, I swear!:(

14. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Game update. 10 scrolls to "unlock" new powerful portals. Makes 2H guranteed 3. Enchantress has 3H up to 6. I believe IM's is up to 6 for a 4H. I didn't look at Widow.

I need to stay off the Facebook page. So many people crying that they can't do it... honestly, simple math. If you do every 8h one, you won't make the cut (previously). So then why do people do that, and expect the math to somehow resolve itself differently?

15. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah, you have to actually try not to complete the event at this point.

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Lol, that's sort of true, especially if you started at the beginning. I'm 11 away (23 min from 8-6 away), so I started just using Enchantress because I needed Tony and Natasha for regular quests. Trying to get the Asgardian section and Ant Man unlocked.

17. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Only at 50 now but not really trying hard on this one. Been busy doing other things.

18. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    If you use 10 scrolls to increase your stone gains you'll get it done easy. And it looks like Union Jack will be either required or very useful to defeat Black Knight. Go for it!

19. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I did that when it was available. Problem with me is i forget to check. Doh!

20. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm the crazy guy with the constant 2 hour timer on my phone. But I unlocked him a few hours ago, so I guess it was worth it?