Universal MARVEL Avengers Academy (by TinyCo, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yeah the lack of a second mission board is huge for me. I hated juggling the tons between them. Pretty chill so far. Easy to unlock the character. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THST OLD TIMEY POLICE BOX!!!! They added a doctor who reference behind that kind of pay wall... I'm so sad.

2. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Yes. Not having the second mission board is a huge plus for me as well. Also I don't even know who those British guys are so I'm not really worried even if I'll fail the event.

And I'm most definitely not paying any shards for some premium British dudes...

3. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    This is a nice two week event but brace yourselves for the biggest event yet coming out for the summer!

4. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    The heroes are, Captain Britain the national hero like Captain America and Union Jack, perversion character of Marvel who is an insult to proper English citizen and has no place in a game which psychiatricly healthy teenagers and kids play readily. Black Knight is a good guy with a cursed sword, struggling to seize control, and I suspect he will be recruitable too in the end of the event.

I hope fighting Black Knight does not require the "Jack" strictly or the game gets deleted because of the forced "inclusivity" propaganda. I am not letting little ones near that character's quests.

5. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    In case anyone is wondering, this bigot is angry that Union Jack is gay in Avengers Academy.

I'm very glad we have a gay character in the game, as it gives me hope that I'll be able to get Captain America to smooch Bucky once the romance update hits.

6. Akabur

Akabur Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    #546 Akabur, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Yes... Make everyone gay and banish all the disgusting female characters from the game!
    Now won't that be grand?

All that gay whining did so far is scared the developers into canceling the dating feature altogether...

7. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Nah, that'd be silly. You wouldn't want to restrict choices. Make a bunch of characters bi? Perfect. If we're going to have a crazy alternate reality where nothing is the same as the traditional universe, might as well go all the way! For people who only want "canon" relationships, you could do that. For people who want to have some fun with it, let boys date boys, girls date girls, boys date girls and Groot date no one because as a plant he reproduces asexually.

8. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    I don't see anywhere where he was intolerant of anyone getting Union Jack. He just stated that he didn't want to get him. I for one won't be getting him either. but if you want him go ahead.

Everyone has the right to recruit him if they want. Let's just keep this about games and not let this spiral into a debate.

9. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    The romance feature is a huge part of the game as it was advertised. This here is discussion about upcoming features in the game and how they'll impact it.

For instance, if the developers decide to allow only same-sex relationships, but have openly gay characters like Union Jack, then man, has something gone wrong. That's saying a character we worked hard to get can't interact with the game in a complete way. If they allow for more options in the romance department, they're giving more gameplay choices to the players instead of limiting what we're allowed to do. This isn't even really a "political" thing - this is a matter of limiting or expanding gameplay.

And, saying that mentally healthy kids and teens shouldn't be exposed to non-straight people (implying that gay people are mentally faulty) is the definition of a bigoted statement. It wasn't an insult. It was the correct way to describe a person who says bigoted things.

10. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Which run of Avengers Academy was this? I don't even remember Union Jack showing up...

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Is that what that rant was about? I was so confused. From the way it was written, I was guessing Union Jack's back story was terrible (like, multiple life sentences in prison terrible).

Personally, I don't care about the "promised" dating feature one way or another, but I definitely support adding LGBTQ characters to this game and the Marvel universe in general.

12. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey!

I am thinking about picking this up. Got very mediocre ratings, are their points still valid? What are the bug criticisms with this game? Thanks for informing me, those games are huge time sinks, don't want to commit, before I know what I will be getting into.

13. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Bug: Basically zero. I can't say I've seen anything like a bug in months.

Criticism: This game is a town builder / social simulator (with a future dating component, unless that got cancelled). It is all about building a nice academy, leveling up characters, experiences a funny story and watching weird teen versions of your favorite heroes and villains interact. This is not REALLY a skill-based game, unless job timer management counts as a skill. It is much more of an interactive experience closer to a lite version of The Sims than anything else. It doesn't have to be a huge time sink. You can play casually and enjoy the story / interactions. If you don't want to commit a lot, you don't have to. As long as you don't care about 100% completing big events (I've used Google spreadsheets to manage timers!!!) you'll have a good time.

Personally, I'm in it for the stories and characters.

14. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm at 18 Starstones already. This one is easy. Always do the 2 hour jobs and you'll be fine (except for sleeping of course, do 4 or 8).

Can't say I'll buy Captain Britain though. Not really a fan of him... Though I would like Black Knight. I wonder if he'll be recruitable in part 2?

15. Lobius

Lobius Active Member

May 11, 2016
    According to the dataminers black knight is supposed to be recruitable

16. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Being a weak pleb with spare money I had to buy the doctor who TARDIS generator so I'm more than half way done with the starstones. How's everyone doin?

17. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    18 so far for me.. but I've been travelling all weekend so very little time to pay attention. My last 2-3 2 hr drops gave me nothing as well. I'm sure there's something else to it.. but if this is truly ending on the 15th.. and we started the 10th.. I should have had 40 by now to be on track... and not 18.

18. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm at 40 (FTP, no shards spent). I want that TARDIS so bad. I won't need it, but wow, do I want it.

19. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    How are you getting no drops at all? There is a 100% chance to get at least 1 drop per character.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    All you weirdos that love torturing yourself playing this rubbish should play DMK instead. It's just odd to me how this gets all the attention when it's so money grabbing and the events are aimed at consuming your life or wallet.