Universal Mars: Mars (By Pomelo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 10, 2016.

1. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Hi! I'm one of the devs, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with iOS beta, I have to admit we didn't test it there but we are going to look into it and try to fix for the next update.

Thanks for reaching out!

2. rza422

rza422 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Hi there, thanks for getting back to me! Yeah, I'm assuming it's the beta causing it but still seems an odd bug to have. I updated to public beta 4 yesterday and it's still doing it so definitely something going on. Let me know if you want any more screenshots or want me to test an update if you've not beta'd any of your devices. I'll be hanging onto the game but won't be getting far until I can see the characters :)

3. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I am playing on the latest public beta too and have no problems on my air 2.
    This game is surprisingly good with minor short comings:

First of it is very easy to learn but hard to master, but you can get a pretty good feeling for the controls after a short while and then it's more about improving and getting more experience with the controls.
    That's not to say that the controls are bad at all, they do feel spot on and if I had to have one criticism it would be that the " died last second with no time to react to beeping" occurs slightly too often. But it works out very fine.

Graphics are cool, characters who change up everything are very nice, unlike the variety and longevity.

Iaps are cool, ads are only if you want them, decent subtle implementation as well, thumps up.

So this would be 5 it not got the slight omg dead issue above above and some iap suggestions:

Please allow one or all of the following:
    - currency doubler
    - get insta coins and second life instead of ads (!!!) (see tap hero)

And lastly please give me the option to add characters as favorites and then choice "random" e.g. After death, set amount of time etc. So I can have more variety.

Then you get the last star. Great game!

4. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Because it was too hard for you? Piloteer is great silly fun, lighten up.

5. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi, I'm also running the iOS 10 beta on my 6S. I too have invisible characters, and invisible trees. It certainly adds to the challenge!
    I love playing the game on my Apple TV. Well done to the devs.

6. Brendonian

Nov 12, 2008
    #26 Brendonian, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    I thought I had another bug, but I think it's just my character bouncing off invisible trees!

7. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Yeah, trees are invisible too in iOS 10 Beta unfortunately, makes it really hard to play. We already have a fix in place, we are testing it out and if everything goes well we should have an update ready any day now.

8. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    The Apple TV is actually my favorite way of playing as well. It has some limitations due to the platform, we don't have ads and notifications there so progress is much slower and we also don't have the selfies. But it's a more relaxing experience for me. So I personally use it like a companion app, and that works very well because it syncs via iCloud with my iPhone.

9. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I'm glad you are enjoying the game. Death can be a bit harsh at times like you say, we can certainly look into that.

Regarding the in-app suggestions, we actually have already implemented the first suggestion with a character call "El Dorado" which doubles all the coins you get. Your second suggestion is something we have considered but didn't have time to implement yet. Maybe in an upcoming update.

I hope we can earn that last star in the future :)

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks for responding, I am sure you will get that star at some point :) would be nice to have a currency doubler regardless of character though and the randomization would be really appreciated. Just got a very good streak yesterday, too. This grows on me :)

11. Brendonian

Nov 12, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the update!

12. deathcorelover

Jun 16, 2016
    This is SO awesome! :D
    You really should try it. :)

13. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Me and my kids are enjoying this game a TON!

14. deathcorelover

Jun 16, 2016
    Well, I really don't like ads either. But you don't have to watch them. That's a good thing at least, huh? Many other games force you to watch Ads.

15. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    True. They're there but completely up to the player instead of interrupting gameplay :/

16. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Maybe we don't make it clear enough in the game, but once you buy "El Dorado" you get double coin regardless of what character you are currently playing with. Same thing goes with "Stephen" who removes the waiting time for all characters.

The randomization is a good idea, we hadn't consider that.

17. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Yeah, we did our best to make the ads as unobtrusive as we could.

18. federomero.uy

federomero.uy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    I'm glad you are enjoying it. If your kids are anything like mine they probably enjoy watching the characters crash all the time :)

19. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Yup haha!

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

This is why i give you 5 stars.