Universal Mario Kart Tour (by Nintendo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Charles Elwood Gay III

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Once you dial in the feel for the controls, it’s actually far superior to any other steering format I’ve ever used on mobile. It offers a control and precision that is quite unique and delightful - there’s a simplistic genius in it that’s very Nintendo at its core. Even the forced upright screen format (my biggest gripe pre-release) somehow seems right once you start to jive with the controls. I encourage anyone on the fence to give it a fair shake, it’s too good to miss, especially for Nintendo/racing game gamers.

2. Charles Elwood Gay III

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Btw feel free to send me a friend request: 211219969448

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    The $5 a month pass really pisses me off. Great game otherwise. I’d rather just pay a one-time console price or something instead of yet another subscription to something. Sure $5 by itself seems fine, but add that to all the other stuff one can be subscribed to that is way more worth it....
    Anyone buy the golden pass 200cc? Is it more fun? Actually much faster?

boorch likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here!

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    We’ll see. Still finding KartRider Rush+ far superior at this point.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    For me, a lot of that has to do with the orientation and control scheme for me. I prefer the course design in Mario Kart.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #48 Talbs, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    The thought of being able to play this in portrait has me downloading this again.

edit: ugghhhh landscape is only “during races”. While that’s the main desire, I was really hoping for an all round experience closer to the feel of playing MK8 with the landscape update. Turning about your phone between races ruins that experience a bit.

9. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I remember Knights Chronicle doing something equally as silly when they removed landscape mode and turned the game into portrait. As a consolation prize to those who missed landscape view they only made it available during the battles.

I was actually looking forward to trying Mario Kart Tour again but I’m not interested in continuously rotating my large iPad. Hopefully down the road there is a full landscape mode experience to accompany the full portrait mode. I will definitely give it another shot when that happens.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its a pain its not full landscape for the results etc but i must admit i'm playing this again on my phone. Still not keen on the controls but its okay. Think it was a crazy decision in the first place to go portrait only, glad this has finally changed