March Madness App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gtcharlie, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Anyone using this app right now? I am very interested in downloading it but would like to hear from people firsthand how smooth it is running. Good video and audio? Thanks for input.

2. #2 mrbass, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    It's ok but remember you get all the commercials. The real size is small see screenshot 2. Then you zoom in. So yea can't wait for ESPN and 3.0 firmware to deliver decent video. This video is for mobile phones not sized for iphone...it's mobitv remember. Oh yea audio is outta synch just a tad too.

http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/

Ok best to install silverlight 2 ...did that on my imac in firefox and oh so much better bye bye iphone version.

Attached Files:

3. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    I didn't know that about the video size. Sounds a little annoying. How is the framerate? Does the video look smooth? And how long does it take to switch between games? Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to waste the money if the viewing experience isn't very good.

4. It's a waste of money frame rate looks like 15fps on iphone. Just watch HQ in your browser 720x430 200KB/sec way better and enjoyable experience.

5. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks for saving me the money. Too bad. I really wanted this to work well. Wonder if there will be any fallout for selling an app that works what sounds like pretty poorly.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I was using this in the afternoon and it was running perfectly. No pixelation, running very smoothly. I love the app to death. Being able to have video streaming in any wifi hotspot is so perfect. Being able to pull up stats on any of the starters during the game, while still watching the video, is perfect. It works great for me so I would recommend it, but if you don't feel like you'll be happy with it, don't get it :)