iPad Marble Worlds 2...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mr. nug, Nov 26, 2008.

1. mr. nug

mr. nug Active Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I like the look of this game. It could be just like marble madness, and I am about ready to take the plunge. Has anyone tried this bad boy? I know Chillingo had some problems early on, but I really love Bike or Die 2. This one seems to have that level of potential. Any opinions would be great...
    Thanks

2. crapz1967

crapz1967 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    This game is a Pocket PC game originally. I played it once, was quite fun... But dunno if it works so well with the accelerometer. I was also thinkin about getting this.
    Hass anyone bought this game? How is it?

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread. I wanna know about the game because 1. I loved Bike or Die 2 and 2. it looks pretty fun :)

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Actually it looks almost identical to Spindizzy, except with a marble instead of a top. Spindizzy was a great game.

--Eric

5. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Armbruster, the video does not work on your site. It says it was pulled.

6. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

It's still being processed by YouTube. Sorry about the delay, should be working soon.

7. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    How long does it normally take to complete one level? I'm wondering because they look short and there are only 100 levels (compared to Bike or Die's 2600+) :p

Also, are the levels easy? Can you finish them on one try or does it take a few tries like BOD2?

thanks

PS 100th post woohoo

8. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

It takes like 15-30 minutes to complete a level, yeah.

And no, they're not that easy, but that's what makes it fun.

arm

9. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    So, if each level takes an average of 20 minutes, that's about 33 hours for 100 levels. I think $3 is worth it for 33 hours (11cents/hour haha)

10. jalpert

jalpert Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I bought this game. It's pretty good, worth a buck or two. The level graphics are pretty good, presentation is straightforward and that's fine with me. Where I have a problem is the accelerometer control. I'm literally tipping the phone away from me to get the ball to roll that way. There needs to be some sort of calibration on that.

Also, in terms of graphics, there is no animation on the ball. The ball is just a solid yellow dot and that takes quite a bit away from the game as the ball moves along.

Besides that the game is kind of fun, but not blowing me away.

11. mr. nug

mr. nug Active Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks for all the info, Arm. I'm gonna buy. It sounds pretty cool. I'll post more after a little time with the game. And It sounds like a good value after all of of istop's math.

12. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Any other opinions out there? I'm on the fence about this one - love the concept, but if the gameplay is not polished, I would probably be better served by taking a pass.

13. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Just wondering, but do you have Bike or Die 2? If the developer hadn't made that game, I wouldn't have even considered this one. I'm hoping it's as fun as that BOD2

14. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Oh yeah - I have Bike or Die 2. And 1112, and more games then I can put on my iPhone at any given time....but I'm an app addict. More and better...I want to know if this one is like Bike or Die which is fantastic.

I also am wondering about Hamster House....

15. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #15 istopmotion, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    Haha, I'm an app addict too! My iTunes username is "AddictedToBuyingApps" XD

[EDIT] So far, the game is pretty fun. It's pretty challenging, but nothing compared to Bike or Die 2. The graphics aren't the best, but there are 100 levels and the levels each take a pretty long time to finish. I think the game is all right, probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. It's worth 2.99 but I think it'd be better priced at 1.99. So, if you don't mind spending $3 on a game that'll give you probably at least 30 hours of gameplay, go ahead and buy it. The game is pretty fun. :)

16. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I'm the same way. My iTunes username is "ljmjag" and I have > 225 apps. On the one hand, it's great being a grown up who can afford these (relatively) dirt cheap apps (I've been buying video games for 30 years - trust me, this is the cheapest gaming platform that has ever existed). On the other hand, I desperately need more then 9 pages...

17. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #17 istopmotion, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    I have 249 apps, several have been deleted. Ha :D

Oh and if you don't have Snail Mail, I HIGHLY recommend that game over this one. Especially if you're trying to cut down on buying games because that one has much more value (to me at least) than Marble Worlds...

18. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    You are right about snail mail. I actually bought that without reading any reviews - just based solely on the looks of the game and my "gut". But Snail Mail is sooo 24 hours ago....

Up for consideration for tonight is one of or all of touchgrind, marble world and hamster house.

19. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Wait till this Friday for Touch Grind. I'm following my "gut" and I think the price will drop this Friday. Anyway, I've heard the replay value is not great. :p

20. mr. nug

mr. nug Active Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Good, but not great. Not as sweet as BOD 2. I was hoping for smoother controls and ball movement. But it may grow on me- we'll see. BTW... I am also a recovering app addict. Is there going to be a 12 step program for us?
    And Dec. Looks crazy good in the game department.
    Marble Worlds=3.5 out of 5 stars.