Maplestory on Iphone/Itouch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ParpaGamer, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ParpaGamer

ParpaGamer Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Would it be possible to do it? The graphics aren't that great, the device should be able to handle it with some lowered graphics.

Maybe i am just dreaming, but it sure would be awesome. Play your favorite mmo on your phone or ipod :p.

2. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It is possible, but sadly I don't think the iPhone can hold a huge online for maplestory, maybe up to about 5 players?

Well, I never played MapleStory but I have seen it's graphics, it shouldn't be hard to pull off. RuneScape and WoW, on the other hand, are impossible.

3. ParpaGamer

ParpaGamer Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Maybe it should be some restricted small, ipod/iphone server

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I've heard the DS will have it.

5. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    same here

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    The iPhone probably couldn't handle a game of it's scale

7. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Isn't the iPhone more powerful than my old pentium 1 PC I used to play quake 1 and diablo 1 online with dozens of players? Or wait, was it pentium 2? I would think that maple story with dozens of players on screen would be a breeze if thats the case.

8. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Nintendo owns Nexon so the answer is simply no. Can a game LIKE Maple Story be released? Sure but not Maple Story.

9. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Well.. My thoughts are...

Lag with large servers.
    Battery problems
    Touch screen for your hotkeys...
    There are too many buttons to add into a small screen like that.

10. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Really... Nintendo Owns Nexon? O____O

11. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Very true!

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    say wha...?! that's wrong, but releasing it onto the iphone would be awesome marketing. it'd make more people play the PC version (MS on an iphone would be so awkward). it is a big risk to take.

13. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Maplestory (or any MMOG) would be incredibly difficult to pull off on a mobile gaming device. If the iphone ever goes dual-core, we might see some of that, but as of right now, online gaming with people around the world isn't very pretty. Show me one game that plays against people worldwide with no pauses or errors, and lets you view your opponents movements seamlessly. You won't find anything.

14. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Of course no one would pull off the full MapleStory on the iPhone, but somebody could make a mini version of the game that still offers part of the gameplay from the original MapleStory.

15. cjh625

cjh625 Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    its not the graphic that only matters, its the control

16. CeolCeol

CeolCeol Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Controls are a big problem, and MapleStory (and RO, for that matter) for the DS is going to be a toned-down version with limited (if at all) online capabilities. I can assure you that very few played MapleStory for the... uhh... story.

What *would* be possible is something like what RO is doing for the DS: gather a group of random or selected players to go with you in an instanced area and beat the crap out of everything. Maybe even have a town as the "base" so you can meet up with some friends. Make the graphics pre-rendered and use some 32x32 sprites for the characters and it's good to go.

17. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    it can work all right
    the only problem with maplestory being on the iphone/touch is that it would more likely cause a lags every few seconds

maplestory = lag

18. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    this would work theory

19. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    wtf is maplestory??

20. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    wow, 4 words to bring back a 2 month old thread;)