Universal Manowar (by Lachlan Nuttall)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheGodless, Aug 1, 2015.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #21 slewis7, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    I remain hopelessly stuck on level A12. The clue that has been given here has not been enough for me. Is there a video of the solution out there?

By the way, as others have commented, this is a lovely game. The graphics are excellent and the game concept is quite interesting. While the drag controls are good, I find myself using the tilt controls to get a bit more precision when I need to fire the cannons. Usually I loath tilt controls on my iPad, but they seem to be fine with Manowar.

Edit: I think making a post here was the key to solving A12, as soon after I got it on my own! The solution is much different from what I was trying to do earlier and is very clever. Also, amusingly, I found a Japanese language video where they struggled with A12 and were unable to solve it; they were taking my original failed approach.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Slewis7,

Nice job. Yep. Agree with you that A12 is a tricky level.

In fact, I struggled with many levels in this game. There is a new update to the game that actually eliminated one of the levels which I could not solved by myself before. Oddly enough, the
    bonus submarine
    stages are less difficult than the ones in the third world. A few of those are just insanely hard. :) Still, it was immensely satisfying when you finally got it.

3. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Stuck!

I could use some help on level B15. I have seen the "starting position" photo on the @Manowar Twitter feed, but that is not getting me there.
    From that starting position it is easy to slide the black balls to the left into the black cannon, but getting the yellow ball to the blue cannon seems impossible. Is there another way?

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    slweis7,

I feel your pain. :)

Assuming your description is in line with what I did to solve this level,
    you are indeed correct that you need to get the yellow ball to the blue cannon. This is done by positioning the yellow ball on top of the yellow cannon (not inside the yellow cannon itself) while the yellow cannon is primed to fire with a black ball inside it. Firing the cannon will make the yellow ball jump, during which you must precisely timed your tilt to get the yellow ball to fall onto the correct deck to reach the blue cannon. Firing the blue cannon will allow you to open up the blue gate at the bottom so that the red ball can escape to reach the red cannon.

5. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    y2kmp3,

Thanks so much for keeping the hope alive! I have followed the step you suggest but am always left with a final black ball which I can not get to a cannon. Do you recall how many black balls get fired from the left-side's black cannon in your solution?

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Twice.

7. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, y2kmp3. I finally got it, although I am not sure if I can repeat it again. On to new levels...

8. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I continue to play and enjoy this game, but I have been struggling quite a bit on the latter Gnosis levels.. I am stuck on 11, 12, and 13, but happilly I have been able to beat G14. I found G14 to be a brilliant level design and I appreciate that there are no difficult maneuvers required to solve this level; just some deep thinking.

9. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    G6 is not solved. Do not tell anyone?