Mandala - The Game Of Life IOS Public BETA by Digital Future Games Ltd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rudolph Liebenberg, Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is the game play clear

1. Yes - very clear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clear enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't get it

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Rudolph Liebenberg

Rudolph Liebenberg New Member

Jul 7, 2020
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Liverpool UK
    #1 Rudolph Liebenberg, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Currently in public BETA - IOS - https://testflight.apple.com/join/5nKiD77W
    Launch Date July 20th 2020 (Both IOS and Android)

Hey TouchArcade - I hope we got the rules of the post correct and we would like to invite anyone to play our first mobile title Public BETA!

LIVE URL'S (July 20th)
    Android - https://tinyurl.com/yxqunkmn
    IOs - https://tinyurl.com/y34egtmo

Mandala -The Game of Life
    , a colourful and challenging board game for one to four players, is a bit unique in that you don’t actually ever move your player. Instead, you move the board around them, clearing paths so that they can make it to the middle realm on the board. You have a large character token, made to look after an element like water, air, earth and fire, as well as a handful of small minions you need to help along this path.
    [​IMG]
    As you are trying to move towards the middle, all of the other players are trying to get in your way and make it their first. Across the board, there are a bunch of coloured tiles that wrap around the center circle. These coloured tiles are moved depending on the die that is rolled at the start of the round. There is a die for each of the coloured platforms, determining how much you can move that specific tile. You’ll want to move the tiles out of your way, creating a clear path for your minion and putting blocks in the way of other players’ paths (or knock their minions off the board completely). Your minion will then walk forward, moving closer to the realm if there aren’t any blocks there. When you do get to the realm, you will receive a point. You’ll need to get a set number of points to win the game.

[​IMG]

When it comes to finding other players for Mandala, you can either play with online multiplayer, a local multiplayer where you pass the phone around after your turn, or with bots that come in different varieties of challenge. The game itself can also be customised based on how much time you and your friends have to play, from easier modes to longer, more challenging modes which adjust how many coloured tiles are between players and the realm.
    [​IMG]

Our Studio
    We are a small Indie Studio base in Liverpool England.
    www.digitalfuturegames.com
    Twitter @DigitalFutureG1
    Insta - @themandalagame

2. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    The game crashes when I open it, I can’t play (I have the latest IPad)

3. Rudolph Liebenberg

Jul 7, 2020
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Liverpool UK
    Thanks for the feedback. I have picked up the crash and putting a fix in now. Does it crash every time?

4. Rudolph Liebenberg

Jul 7, 2020
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Liverpool UK
    Buil 32 had the crash. We have released build 35 tested locally and no crash. Thank you for the feedback. Its Its re appreciated. Will keep our eyes peeled for any further crashes

5. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Still doesn’t work for me. I’m on ipadOS 14 beta. Mabe that’s the reason

6. Rudolph Liebenberg

Jul 7, 2020
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Liverpool UK
    Hey @Crazyboy423 Yes in all honesty we have not been targeting IOS 14 at all. We are using Unity and will be working at that in the next few weeks. Thank you for the feedback. If you would like I am happy to add you to our BETA testing list when we build for IOS 14? Would you consider that? Thanks again for your feedback.