Manchester United - F.C. Barcelona [SPOILER ALERT]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pablo19, May 27, 2009.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    did anyone see it?!?!?!? OMG that was insane incredible, astounding. Messi wins against ronaldo hands down. Great football awesome passing and shooting. ahhhhhhhhhhh :D:D:D

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Ya, I watched it, Messi FTW...that was a pretty sick header he had there

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #3 Zincous, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

It was 2-0 btw people who didn't watch it and want to know. Eto'o and Messi scored.

And I changed the title for people who haven't watched it yet or recorded it to watch it later and don't want to know yet.

4. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    hahah it was incredible! ronaldo had absolutely nothing to do. messi just kept going one, two three defenders, falls down gets back up and still has the ball. Best player imho. :D

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I would agree, Messi is the best

...on an unrelated note, recently when i see the name "Ronaldo," i accidently read "Rolando" instead...it's getting annoying :)

6. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Good game apart from the result.:(
    Where was Rooney?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: Since the title is spoiler alert, it is ok to gripe about the outcome, right?

7. worldcup1100

Feb 2, 2009
    Signs you have been on your ipod too much.:D

EDIT: Oops, double post.

8. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    yup 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and many more exclamation marks.

hahah about the rolando thing xD.

Rooney was in the attacking section of man united...you know, that section that just watched the defense :rolleyes:

9. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I know, right?

Funny thing is, I never even bought that game :)

10. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    sigh...poor man u :( the better team did NOT win ;)

11. worldcup1100

Feb 2, 2009
    #11 worldcup1100, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    I am surprised that for likely the biggest soccer event apart from the World Cup, there was so little buzz from here. I thought that this pretty international community would be going off.
    Guess technology and soccer don't mix well.

12. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

This was an epic game. BARCELONA ALL DA WAY!

Messi is awesome. And so is his hair.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I'm so happy they win, it's a victory for football. Beautiful football that is.

Messi is the best player of this generation, no doubt about it. He's the reincarnation of Maradona. Btw, it's so funny a shortie could score in the final with a header :p (not that he's never done it before).

Messi, Pep and Barca FTW!!

14. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Although i have been a Arsenal supporter for long, but Barca FTW. That was some pretty sick footwork by both the teams on the field. But what the hell who wouldn't enjoy the world's most overrated football player Ronaldo (IMO) getting his ass kicked! and whats more i read in some newspaper that Thierry Henry's contract gets over by this year and he wants to join the gunners back!

15. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    hahha ronaldo is an A-hule. he just pushed and kicks puyol and walks away with that arrogant smile on his face. Loved it when Xavi went up to him and said or at least that's what I read in his mouth: "Quien te crees que eres, hijo de puta?" I was like KA-POW!!!!! deserved that arrogant bas***

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hey what does that mean?

Yeah, Kristy Ronaldo is an a-hole. I have a friend from portugal and she said everyone there respects Figo, but not Kristy. He's good, but a moron and everyone knows that.

17. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I just watched most of the game for a second time just a little bit ago. It was showing again on ESPN 2. Manchester was just lazy on defense, really...

And Pablo, did he really say that to Ronaldo? That's awesome :)

...and Donkei it means something along the lines of "who do you think you are, son of a b*****?"

18. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Neeeeeeheheheeeevermind guys, according to Cuatro news. Xavi said this to ronaldo,( although I still think he says hijo de puta instead of "ya tomo nota de esta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfmNQGPfrY&feature=channel_page

Here is the situation, ronaldo has just kicked and pushed puyol, they were both going towards a ball that was going out for a throw in for barcelona anyways.

Spanish first:

"Porque le das?...Si el balon esta fuera, esta el balon fuera!... esta el balon fuera coño...si esta fuera... ya tomo nota de esta, eh...¨:mad:

...´s indicate the pauses between subtitles and xavis words

English second:

"Why'd you hit him?...if the ball is out, the ball is out!... the ball was (effing) outside...it WAS outside... I'll take note on this one, huh.":mad:

Maybe it was my own overall enthusiasm over Xavi being mad at ronaldo...I still think he said hijo de puta