ManaQuest - Beta Sign up now! (Manacraft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Instabuy Games, Nov 21, 2010.

1. 347jediknight

347jediknight Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Student
    USA
    I agree, but it's a block building game, so it is pretty much built on the same basis. However, it can't get much different from minecraft that using magic

2. Xoria

Xoria Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2011
    #102 Xoria, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Edit: My bad. D/T this

3. Poor Little Garbageman

Feb 21, 2011
    I think you would better contact original mine craft author (as far as I remember a friendly swedish boy and ask him for his approval of your game since it looks 99.9% the same as his original concept.

It it not so nice to clone things in this way in my opinion. Be creative guys, in this way you would help the world be evolving and developing itself... on the other hand you only consume someone's work even if it costs you much your own work.

4. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Think of how many clones of popular games there are though? Plus, it may be sorta similar, but a clone is an exact copy, this has a couple new gameplay elements.

5. 347jediknight

347jediknight Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Student
    USA
    While that's true, it's the same concept. And you have to remember that Minecraft isn't even finished yet. While i'm all for this game as it'll be something interesting and new, a couple new gameplay elements won't exactly catch everyone's attention.

6. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    #106 Shooks, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    Instabuy has already stated that they're not trying to make a minecraft clone nor do they aim to. Personally I think what they're doing is great, and already looks like a different game. Same concept, but now a days, it's hard not to have similar looking titles. For example, practically every shooter on the market.

Edit: I'd like to point out that we're all jumping to conclusions. What if the mojang app is just creative?

7. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    It's not his original idea, he got the idea for Minecraft from Infiniminer.

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The Minecraft site also states that anyone can use the idea as long as everything is made from scratch. (Just like what Notch did to Infiniminer)

9. Instabuy Games

Instabuy Games Well-Known Member

Lights Mazes and Mobs!

Hey guys! Another video update for you. Showing colored light blocks, mazes and mobs!

10. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    It's coming along nicely, good lighting and block detail. The sky's looking a bit bland, give us a nice blue sky and a sun!

11. Instabuy Games

The sky looks bland because the "realm" that we demoed in this video is not the normal happy "realm" that we previewed in the last video. The intention was a dark magical world void of sunlight hence the bland grey sky. Any suggestions to what to put in its place? (keeping in mind its not supposed to be bright and happy)

Also keep in mind that this is just one of the "realms" in the game. We will have at least two.

Questions and Suggestions are welcome as always :D

12. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    wow... just wow. you guys did a fantastic job. i cant wait for this to be out and in our hands.
    what i would recommend is making it darker and the lighting much less bright.
    Also some creepy flying mobs would be cool too haha

13. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I really hope when this game is released it won't just be reviewed by some "trolls" of sorts saying it's just a rip off of Minecraft. Unfortunately, it WILL most likely happen. By the way, that's me saying great job so far!

14. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Wow... That's Shmexy.
    No really that's awesome. Just a few questions/suggestions.
    1) What are the 3 buttons at the top for?
    2) Will the lava burn entity's?
    3) I think that there should be some sort of cursor where the blocks are destroyed. It seemed like it was hard knowing which block was going to be acted upon.
    4) Are there hostile and friendly mobs?
    5) Do you attack mobs same way you destroy blocks?
    6) Do different blocks take longer to destroy?
    7) I like the animated surface of the slimy stone.
    8) Mobs look cool.
    9) Lighting looks superb!
    10) I'll have what I think the sky should look like up later. (It's a magical mysterious realm, right?)

15. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah, they're already on their youtube video.

16. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    All right, here's what I think the sky should look like in this mysterious, magical realm (I drew this up quickly on PS):[​IMG]

17. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Wow, that actually looks really cool! I second the motion!

Also, I love the glowing blocks you have. It's one of the things I wish Minecraft had. I also really liked the fog effect, it's not just fog, it's blocky fog :D Very good job so far, but I can't help but feel that the open labyrinth is a bit out of place. I'm guessing it was just for testing purposes. Oh, just letting you know, if you need someone to test your app, I would absolutely love to. I have an iPod touch 2G and a 4G, in case you need to test on older and newer devices. Don't know how close you are to beta testing, but I'm ready any time :D

18. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I think that if couple that with an occasional bolt of lightning (a short quick streak of White light cubes) would look quite good.

19. Instabuy Games

Very nice sky. I will try it out at some point and post a screenshot here. I won't use that exact image but I will try to procedurally generate something that looks like that. :D

20. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Thanks! Hope it works out for you.