ManaQuest - Beta Sign up now! (Manacraft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Instabuy Games, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Since this forum has shown developer interaction, and is a ways along in development, we can assume that this isn't vaporware. Please trust the developers to give it to us, and also that they will give us a quality product.

2. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    This looks great! Instabuy so long as it's $5 or under.

3. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Are you kidding, I completely trust the developers and I have no idea how you perceived otherwise. These guys have my support, 100% of it. I also know it isn't abandoned because of the developer activity. I just enjoy seeing the development process and progress.

4. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Oh. Okay— I was never as interested in the development cycle as post-development. But ymmv.

5. Instabuy Games

Instabuy Games Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

We are making progress and we are trying to get a new video out soon. Here is a screenshot for those who wanted to see some progress.

[​IMG]

6. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    Niiiiice!

7. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Wow, that is looking positively scrumptious (for a lack of better words). Are those giant mushrooms? Awesome. XD

8. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    #68 sakinnuso, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    If u guys pull this off, I am sold. I am tired of buying these awful wannabe minecrafft clones. Yours sounds like the real deal, and I can't wait to put my money where my mouth is. I supported both mine craft world explorer and Eden world builder and still haven't gotten what ive wanted, ie, explore, survive , and craft. Just doesn't exist. I can't wait for a legit mine craft survival mode inspired experience!

9. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    just wanna let u devs know alot of my friends are very very eager to buy this

10. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Support for legacy devices? :D

11. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Same situation I was/am in. Eden never updates and minecraft world explorer is too buggy. :|

12. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Well apparently this will be more like survival.

13. thewolf16

thewolf16 Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    #73 thewolf16, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    This looks really cool. Will be the caves more complex than Eden? In Eden the caves are too big and not really random like in minecraft. Because this reason, mining was not very funny.

14. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    My friend, I even emailed the Eden devs. Eden would be a 'bearable' block-builder with a few tweaks. I completely gave up on hoping that they would do the work of making a survival mode experience, but at the very least I was optimistic about an update with ladders and a compass. You can't even find something that you've previously built, and good luck trying to make a bridge...

As for MWE, forget it. That's a complete loss.

IF ManaCraft really is a magic-based Minecraft EXPLORATION game? I'm sold. The idevices - specifically iPADs , are ideal for this type of game...

...and for the love of Pete, Devs please keep working on this with a UNIVERSAL at launch. Even if the app is 5 bucks or more, people will buy it if it's really that survival mode MineCraft experience.

15. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I agree that Eden would be good with a few tweaks/additions. As for WE, I bought it with the ability to explore minecraft saves in mind. However, that doesnt even work. D:

Well anyways, I have a random question. Who here plays Minecraft? (I'm guessing most if not everyone :p)

16. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I do xDDD

Anyway, I wouldn't expect survival from this either. Just because it's exploration and magic doesn't mean there are monsters. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really want a survival for portable devices, but indie devs don't have the 2 years that Notch spent on Minecraft. Not to mention Notch worked on it full time with only about two or three other people, if not alone. They still need to feed, shelter, and clothe themselves too.

I want to believe it can be done though.

17. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    nice app

Nice app, can you make it so that ALL generations of itouch, iphone, and ipad can use it. It would be great if everyone could use it. I love the magic crafting thing :p

18. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    It is a simple enough concept and engine I would not count them out =)..

I am looking forward to it. I hope it does much more then minecraft though.

19. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Anything can be done if you belieeeeeeeeve!

Ahem, anyways... I frankly wouldn't mind if this game comes in installments. For example, they release the game, let's say with the basic engine, resource harvesting, 1 mob, and 4 biomes. Then a month or so later another update comes out that adds 2 new mobs, more resources and biomes and more magic spells. I think that'd be swell, plus the dev's then get the advantage of bonus funding, and the advantage/disadvantage of feedback.

20. Darkninja7855

Darkninja7855 New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Ok thank god we finally get a update on progress cuz I was about to freak out!