iPad Managing Games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lyliade, May 20, 2009.

1. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    I have 9 pages of all kind of games but i bought more,how can i manage all these games to fit in the ipod? can i erase some and get them later,or copy them on a cd to insert them later or whenever i want too?

Can i resell some games?

thanks

2. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Mine sit in iTunes hoping to be remembered :)
    And I back the library up to a second drive nightly.

So no need to keep them all on the device itself.

iTunes should work for you?

3. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Just back them to iTunes, and you can sync them over any time. o_O
    When you buy something, you've bought it, you won't get charged for redownloading.

Unless you meant actual page space. In that case you can't do much unless you have a jailbroken device to add folders to organize apps.

4. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

You can delete games and reinstall them from itunes. I do however wish it were easier to sort games on my iphone....maybe by game type (action, RPG, etc...)

5. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Jailbreaking seems to be the answer for me. I had the 9 page problem, but now I've jailbroken, I've got a whole page of "Folders" Within these folders, are different genres. Like I've got a folder for "Sims", inside it is every form of X-Plane.

6. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    ok,so i can erase everything and have just one or two games on my ipod and bring others games i bought whenever i want? can i resell them on ebay??
    how many games can i put on itunes?
    thanks

7. Mazda.Man

Mazda.Man Member

Apr 7, 2009
    lolwat

8. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Do you honestly think that Apple (the most money hungry company in the world next to MS) would let you reproduce games you bought so that you could resell them? There's a fine line between ignorance and stupidity, and you're dancing on it.

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    How do you do that?

10. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Are you prepared for all the system instability that comes with jailbreaking? Believe me, it will all end in tears for you.

11. Jailbreaking is no longer required once 3.0 comes out for managing tons of apps. Plus who wants a system littered with ads galore in every tiny app which bogs down system and runs slow. YUCK!

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Is 3.0 for just iPhones? Or iPods too?

13. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    There's no Instability whatsoever. I've been running a Jailbroken iPod for about a month and a half now, and I haven't had one crash. I've customized it, added new fonts, played with categories, everything. Some of the older Jailbreaks were unstable, but that isn't the case any more.

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    As for keeping track of games I deleted from my iphone I used to use App Sniper. Games that I deleted from my phone I would ad them to the watch list in app sniper. This doesn't back up your apps, it was just used to keep a record of deleted apps. So when I was ready to reinstall my games I would go into app sniper and open my watch list and click buy. Obviously if you've already purchased the app then you won't be recharged. If this method is used with iTunes then keep keeping track of apps/ games becomes less overwhelming.

Regarding the selling of apps, it's not possible.

15. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I haven't quite reached that point yet... but I'm about five apps away. But hey, I still haven't deleted Moto Chaser yet, LOL

16. True .....but try 300+ apps and watch yourself chuck it out the window.

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Yes... but you shell $9.99.. its free for an iPhone

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You can send a Feedback to Apple on www.apple.com/feedback stating that they should not limit the number of apps "we" buy for "our" ipods / iphones having 40803 on the appstore at this point..

19. So I have 300 apps which I thought was a lot but I only have 0.7% of them dang. Not even 1%.