iPad Man the Turrets is out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DHrox, Feb 21, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    #1 DHrox, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    It looks like a cool Missile Command clone for 1.99. Someone TOFTT?

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Link and screenshot:

[​IMG]

Let's see how's the first here to make a mini review for us! :)

3. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    #3 DHrox, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks, but how do you make links? I'm still lost. Unless I know how to but forgot.

4. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Even in Quick Reply there's a toolbar buttons that helps you to add links and pictures. Just take a close look at it. Now if you're wondering how to get an iTunes link just right click the name of the game in the iTunes game page and copy the address.

5. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks mate. I saw those in the toolbar but I couldn't find the blasted iTunes URL.

6. City41

City41 Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Geez you guys are fast :) I found this thread on Google. Which is cool, seems like a good forum.

It's just a little game I wrote, I'm not expecting it to change the world but I think it's a lot of fun. If you like Missile Command it's definitely up your alley.

And no need to TOFTT, here are some promo codes :)

W7AT77ANYKPA
    FKYHLMT3PRT9
    KF3YPLWYM6YK
    MPN334XNH4YP
    JFJHXWXX6XR4

7. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    thanks, I got JFJHXWXX6XR4, and I'm pretty sure there's almost none left lol

edit: 100 posts!!!:D

8. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I *think* I got KF3YPLWYM6YK. My itunes did something weird, it said it had been used but then started downloading. So that one or the one above it. ;)

oh! and thanks, I definitely wanted to check this out but I just bought Quest with god knows how many other games so I'm trying to hold out on new purchases.

9. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    congrats on senior member!!!

i got FKYHLMT3PRT9

and here i was looking foward to my first toftt

10. raoupp

raoupp Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Thanks. I picked W7AT77ANYKPA.

11. All codes gone. Looks kinda decent.

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That's encouraging to the dev. Looks... meg, kiiiiinda decent, I dunno. Why don't I crush all his dreams while I am it? Kiiiiiinda decently.

13. City41

City41 Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Bah, be honest guys. I don't expect this game to make me a millionaire, and it's just the beginning. I've got another project underway, this time with some help in the art and sound department (turrets was all done by my lonesome).

If you have any suggestions on how to improve turrets, I'm all for it. I think one thing I am going to do is shorten how long an explosion lasts, because the chains are usually mindlessly easy. I also think I'm going to purposely spawn new enemies away from explosions. And the key to a high score is to skip the leader and have your explosion kill all of his drones (so you get a x2->x3->x4->etc multiplier on them), then get the leader before he hits you, but I dunno if people will get that hardcore into it :)

14. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS

15. Well, screenshots aren't much go to by, and Missile Command variants aren't exactly scarce, so it's hard to come up with one different or interesting enough to make people sit up and take notice. It's therefore hard to muster much enthusiasm without something that immediately grips your attention and makes you want to try it.

Yes, I'm an old school cynic who was there when the original Missile Command turned up at my local arcade.

16. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I really like this game actually, reminds me of the days I used to spend hours playing Missile Command on my dad's PDA. It's enjoyable especially since I got a promo for it :) I'd say it's def. worth it for $1, but maybe not $2. But good job dev.

17. City41

City41 Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks Spartan :)

I actually did drop the price to 99 cents, and the lite version is due out any day now. Geocade contacted me to see if I'm interested in their online leaderboards, which might be pretty cool, so I'm looking into that as well.

18. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Yeah, online leaderboards would be cool.

19. City41

City41 Member

Feb 21, 2009
  20. Bhizzle

Bhizzle Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Lite version is pretty fun.