Making an update for a not released Game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Hercule, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Hi folks,
    maybe someone has already face this situation.
    My game is not submited for review yet and I need to set a release date for the promotion.
    The game is finished but I want to continu polishing it.

Is it possible to submit a first version of the app for approval, to secure a build for the release date, and after, tart working on an update with some extra polishing that I will submit for review if I finish it before the offical release date ?

Thanks

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's been done before, yes.

Not entirely certain on how it works from the developer end, but I've seen updates submitted and approved before release.
    One thing I'm not sure of is whether you can submit an update before the main game was approved. Logically, that would be a no, but what do I know?

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, you can submit an update before the initial version has been released. Once you submit, you'll be able to add a new version in iTunes Connect. Depending on how you set up dates, you could end up releasing the updated version first. We did that with our lite/free version. And then we just ended up releasing the update as the initial lite.

4. WeGotPixels

WeGotPixels Active Member

Yes you can!

mikeg123 is right.
    Just set your desired release date, and when your original version is approved, then add the new one as an update (just don't do it until the first version is approved).

5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Ok I will do that.

Thanks everyone.