Major mayhem now free!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Connector, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    And to quote myself, I believe you can "hide" an .ipa (in this case, the paid version, keeping the originial name) in the AppStore. That's what happens if a dev lets their account lapse without paying the yearly fee. Plenty of people have paid apps that have never been on their device; it's called purchasing it on a computer, maybe you've heard of one. BTW, Adult Swim is a publisher, not a developer, so don't punish devs like Pik Pok for the publisher's greed.

2. Wow, just looked at the itunes reviews, and almost every review is 5 stars. Also, the program got featured in the app store. Not bad for a freemium conversion. Wish all conversions went like this.

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Havent updated yet guys, the final call on this is that its worth updating it?

The only two games ive never updated are Whale Trail and Dark Meadow, hate having pending updates so its nice to read good things on this convertion.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    #24 GeekyDad, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    Bought it a while back, loved it, but never tinkered with it after finishing it. Thing is, because I liked it so much, I kept it on my phone. When I saw the update with the new icon with "free" plastered on it, I was already about to get pissed. But I figured, heck, I already played it, what do I have to lose from updating. Very glad I did. Trust me, they did right by early customers in my opinion. The 20k coins is enough to whet your appetite without leaving you with nothing to work toward. The new content pretty much makes this a new game, much more than a simple tweak. New players will definitely have to grind for some stuff, but old players will get some sweet goodies out of the starting game. The new modes are cool, but the missions keep you going.

5. MeanTuna

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Thanks! Went ahead and updated and its really good, the flow of coins seems decent and the 20,000 coins is indeed a great bonus for early adopters, maybe ill get the coin doubler to support the devs.

Very nice and massive update!

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Out of all the damn games I've made a back-ups of...this had to be the only one I didn't? >_> Oh well, that's 20,000 coins I'll never see. :p

7. You reminded me, I gotta go buy the coin doubler now. Buy the plasma gun, it is rad! Makes the game much easier, and unlock all game modes, time bomb is really fun. Also, if you have a stylus, this game is perfect for it.

I play this game everyday now. So you made the right decision to update it.

8. MeanTuna

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I agree.

The only thing that kinda bugs me its that I originaly bought the game for my ipad but after finishing it I decided to remove it and put on my ipod, where I have most of my "small file" game collection but with all these new things its screaming to be played on the bigger screen where I would have no bonus ! But really, this game is very good and would still be worth a buck even with the new mechanics included.

P.S. Please remove the free of the icon! My OCD is killing me on this one.

9. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I do have a single criticism, though, and it's that the game constantly hounds you, even during missions, to "try" new weapons and costumes. Don't really appreciate such aggressive IAP.

10. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Yeah the Free on the icon is a bit misleading as that generally means there's a "full" version available.

I was half asleep when I first played this and I missed some of the instructions (resetting the tutorials in the menu hasn't helped). What do I do with the ninjas that have the red circle around them (and fire the red stars)? Three or four hits from them and I'm toast, and they almost always manage to hit me.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    it's not really pushing IAP... those pop up when you have enough coins to purchase them in the store... they're not just random, saying 'hey... spend more money to get this' it's... 'hey, you have enough money to get this... check it out!'

12. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Don't think that's actually the case. Spent my last 6k on the laser gun, with just 500 left, and I was still getting hassled to buy various things I didn't have money for.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    strange... I haven't had that issue... I only get little 'check this out' messages when I hit those numbers with coins - 500, 750, 1000, 1500, ect...

Never had it just randomly pop up. =o/

14. #34 Connector, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Okay, bought some more costumes, and also, dumped some screen shots for some of you that don't have the game.

I recently bought the blue camo, blue helmet, rambo, zebra helmet, night googles, uzi, and plasma rifle. I also bought the coin doubler to help me get more coins for the future.

Check out my pics, there's a lot of them, after you get to the first picture, hit the left or right icons to see some more. Curious to see which pictures you like the best.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB7AF1CCA3D47BCE!405&authkey=!AOLdO5Fgsx7U7XI

Remember to hit the left/right arrows to see all the pictures. Or you can swipe left/right. Enjoy!

15. MeanTuna

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I purchased the plasma rifle and its indeed a blast playing with it, im in texas ranger outfitt kicking butt and taking names, very nice update indeed!

16. Antony Blackett

Antony Blackett Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #36 Antony Blackett, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    100% correct. :)

We added these because in our usability testing we quickly discovered that people didn't know when they could buy new items and either checked the armory all the time to see if they could afford something or didn't check or use the armory at all. We found these popups addressed those issues well.