Universal Major Mayhem [adult swim]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Antony Blackett

Antony Blackett Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I didn't reply to your post because i thought i answered your question fine in the post before your post.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You did... Answer was fine. Just being a nutzo...
    Anyway. I deleted the game a while ago, but definitely see that you guys added a TON to the game, and surprised to see all of this added to the game for FREE instead of IAP. Really, you guys could have left it paid, and charged more for the new modes... So THANK YOU for that.... All your hard work, for free... =oP

Now I gotta replay to earn coins, but it's fine cause I really enjoyed it the first time through.

Will probably wind up buying coins to help support you guys... Really,this update is huge. THANK YOU!

3. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Cheers for giving it another play! :D

We made it free because we were struggling to get new players to pick it up. There are so many great free games out there now that you really need to be free with in apps to compete. This is why we had to go free.

We also decided to make this version free rather than make a new version and leave this one alone because:
    a) it would split the downloads so we'd have less chance to get on the top lists
    b) it would split the game center leaderboards
    c) it's be a bunch more work to keep two concurrent builds up to date. So we decided to bite the bullet now and try and compensate players that had already paid for it (with the free coins). Sadly some of you will miss out. But we have added plenty to keep you loyal players busy even if you do have to start from the beginning like everyone else :)

Cheers again.
    Antony.

4. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Reading from previous posts, I did have a save game file (iPhone), but received no 20k coins after the update. Any chance to retrieve that bonus?

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm I'm reserving my judgment until later, I bought this on release and only just recently deleted it, sad to see it go freemium but I'll give it a go, as it was a really good game, (and IMO the change to freemium didn't spoil "whale trail")

6. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    hmm.. that's strange... it would normally give you it on boot if you had unlocked any levels in the past...

You could try restarting the app but beyond that I don't know. Sorry.

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Restarted app and device, still no luck. Guess I am SOL.

8. Wow, this time bomb mode is hella fun!!!

It's got huge bosses like tanks, airplanes, and even mummies! What the heck does this time bomb mode mean? But heck, it is fun! I would highly recommend unlocking it, I think it is only 1000 coins, so easy to unlock quickly.

In theory I agree with many others, in that having one of your paid games going freemium sucks, plain and simple.

But this game has skyrocketed up my interest level. It has in my humble opinion gotten much better with the change to freemium. And getting all these coins has made it interesting, 20k coins, paid 5k to unlock all levels and modes... So still 15k left to buy a weapon, now I don't have any clue which is the best one, anyone got any recommendations?

But time bomb mode is the bomb... :)

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #109 oooooomonkey, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Well I'll start by saying I really can't believe I'm going to say this about a game I paid for that's turned freemium.
    Here's my plus points
    -no ad's
    -new, more guns
    -new, clothes to buy and wear =)
    -more levels and new content
    Really this feels like a pretty different game there's so much new content, the in game coins actually seem really fair to earn (think nimblebit style) I don't feel pressured into spending as I finished the first five classic mode stages and already bought a shotgun.

Overall this is pretty cool as when I bought it originally I played it so much that I'd finished it 100% , which is why I deleted it, so now this give me a whole new reason to go back and play it all over again but with loads of new content.

Thanks for the update.
    (one of the main things I like I no adverts, please don't add any)

Edit. Only thing that's not cool is the new icon saying FREE,

10. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I will never put adverts into an app people have paid money for.

You can quote me on that.

11. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Ugh. I updated all my apps with iTunes this morning.

How do u plan on giving back and rewarding the people who bought the game and updates their iTunes without having the game installed? Didn't u guys even think about making it a new game with freemium in mind instead? I dunno if I should even keep it on my system anymore. I feel pretty jipped by this. I'm sure that's not hard to understand why.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Actually try an play the game before coming here complaining, you might actually like the update. I do and I paid for it.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    agreed... the dev also answered his questions a couple posts up...

I'm FULLY enjoying it... and I paid for it the day it was released. Surprised that the developers added THIS much content. It's crazy. I'm still surprised they didn't make it all IAP for the Modes... =oP

14. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Who says I didn't? I played it for 20-30 minutes and it's better, but that doesn't mean I don't feel jipped about paying for the game and not getting the 20,000 credits I should have gotten. And yeah I've already taken it off my iPad for that reason alone. Screw these paid games going freemium.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ur loss dude...

16. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Like I said in another topic, major dick move by developers who do this crap

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #117 syntheticvoid, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    and like I've said NUMEROUS times... it's 'gamers' like you who are the driving force behind this crap... always expecting to get LOADS of new content for free just because you threw a buck at the developer?? Get over yourselves...

You actually are getting all of this for free... you just need to replay the game to get it... why is this such a big freak'n deal>????

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nicely said,

Like jeeez you spent 69p on a game and now it's changed, it's not like you lost your life savings. And here the game has actually improved for the better, more content and no extra money need to be paid, I don't get why everyone is complaining?

19. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Cuz not everyone likes the freemium model, even big time developers have spoke out in disgust over them. I hate the freemium model as well so if I pay for a game it makes sense I'm paying for a premium game. It's developers like this who crap up and over flood the android and iOS market with pathetic freemium games. Like someone said in another topic, if you're going to make a premium game then keep it premium. Developers such as the ones who did Tiny Wings do its fans justice and never sells out, so much respect to them.

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    **edited**

you're not worth being banned for..