Universal Major Mayhem 2 (by Rocket Jump)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Antony Blackett, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Antony Blackett

Antony Blackett Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I will be doing a full review of the cloud sync code in the next week as there are still some issues that need resolving as you are aware. Seeing as the majority of our cloud service users are also paying users it's a priority of mine to fix it.

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Awesome!

3. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    I really appreciate your transparency and honesty. It's cool to see that in a developer. Keep up the good work.

4. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #64 Antony Blackett, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    I've been looking at the cloud save system, specifically when dealing with multiple devices. I've found a couple of issues that would result in the bug you're seeing with medals. Unfortunately this isn't going to be an easy fix, there are a lot of moving parts and I need to be very careful as to not break anything else while trying to fix this issue.

I will bump this back to the next update so that I can focus more time on building a system that will ensure changes to the save game system are non destructive in any scenario.

Edit:
    I found a couple more bugs in the bug fix build so I've pushed these save-game cloud changes up into it. I've tested almost every account login, multi-device scenario now and it's all looking pretty good.

Doing final testing now and It should be live this week or early next week depending on iOS sub times.

5. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    hvianna likes this.
  6. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Just got the update and it looks like the bugs are gone!

Antony Blackett likes this.
  7. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hopefully I didn't just replace them with all new bugs :p

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Well, for some reason cloud sync “fix” decided to use my game wih 85 stars vs the one on my other device with 110...
    Lost all the levels I finally 3 starred....
    I’m done. Sorry

9. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey, sorry. The data would have been messed up from the previous build. Tell me your account number (number in the bottom right of the settings menu), and if you can remember which levels you 3 starred and i can fix it up on the server.

10. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Awesome update today! I love the new survival challenges and thank you for adding a jump button to the left side, it’s really a game changer for me!!

11. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    No problem! More in the works.

The jump button is still a work in progress but at least it's something a little better than before. It still has issues where it doesn't appear when it's meant to... I'm working on fixing that once and for-all right now.

hvianna likes this.
  12. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Does this still have energy?
    I lost interest when i saw it had piecemeal energy with no IAP to remove it.
    Loved the first game

13. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    It does. We still need it there to fund continued development. Energy accounts for about 1/3 of our revenue. Without that we would not be able to release updates, so for now it's a necessary evil.

14. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I'm actually okay with the energy system. What's really frustrating is how high the gold costs for everything are. I want to be able to try out different guns but I'm constantly broke.

15. Antony Blackett

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    As we add more features there will be more ways to earn coins and things. The game has been balanced with these new additions in mind as to avoid rebalance pain later on. Most players won't take kindly to boosting the cost of things if we increase their earnings so it's better to just start with them a bit expensive and add new ways to earn. User reviews are powerful these days, so much so that it can be hard to recover from a poorly received update, so us developers must consider these things and make hard choices sometimes.

16. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Good to know. I guess I'm putting it down and sticking to the original till those new features come out.

17. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Glad to see the fixes coming! Not sure if this is already on your list, but the timers for opening crates stop counting when I leave the game and come back after a while. I need to force close the app and launch it again to update.