Universal Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - (by HeroCraft) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Aug 17, 2011.

1. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    any recommendations for this? looks pretty good

2. fannyslacks

fannyslacks New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    it's a good game but currently broken on at least iphone 3g.. so you may want to wait for a patch.

3. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Will this get Game Center support someday?

4. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This game is one of my favourites right now, I really like the gameplay and the art too. :rolleyes:

5. ravenmk

ravenmk Member

Sep 17, 2009
    awesome game! plz add game center :)

6. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Why are the text still so small and near unreadable? Any way to increase them?

7. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm playing the game on a 1st gen iPad and I'm having a recurring problem in the tutorial. I suppose I could push ahead and skip the rest of the tutorial, but I was curious if anyone else has this problem.

After I've set up the barracks and hired a hero I get the message to place the bounty flag on the rat den. Before I can get it done the message/instructions pop up again. I close the message, get the flag placed and wait for the hero to go destroy the den. The problem is, every 10-15 seconds the same instructions on how to plant the flag keep popping up, even after I've placed the flag and after the hero has destroyed the den.

I've started a new game and the same thing keeps happening.

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Have you placed a scouting flag?

9. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yep. In fact, I didn't go into this before, but the first time I tried to run through the tutorial I made it past the attack flag with no problem, and then it was stuck on the instructions for the scouting flag. Even though I placed enough scouting flags to reveal the entire level, it still would pop up with instructions on how to place a scouting flag ever 10-15 seconds. Why it feels it needs to remind you of what you should be doing that often is beyond me. Give me time game. Plus the slow speed of the scroll unrolling and rolling back up just adds to the annoyance.

After that I restarted the tutorial, and it was stuck on attack flag instructions. Then I started a new game, started the tutorial, and it was still stuck on the attack flag.

10. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    What is the criteria for getting a gold rating?

I've played the harpy mission 3 times without a single hero dying.

Still only silver

11. Juason

Juason New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Decent Game

Fun game that reproduces some of the look, feel and challenge of the original. However, some things have been nagging me...

The lack of a random maps and a sandbox mode was disappointing. It killed Majesty 2's chance for success, so hopefully it gets added in time.

Changing the female guilds to male artwork was annoying. I felt like some of the original appeal of majesty was its inclusion of female characters. Majesty for iOS only keeps the Paladin, with an overly-emphasized chest area.

Wizards are not appropriately balanced. They routinely die to rats, and never seek protection via following tanks.

Healers have an AI flaw where they all zerg around a single champion, making them somewhat pointless.

Anyways, still as fun experience. Hopefully with a few more patches/expansions it grows to become quite the experience!

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Has anyone beaten the Troll quest (#5 I think)? I've played it a number of times and just can't seem to beat it - I get completely overwhelmed by all the spiders. They destroy the troll houses so quickly, before any of my heroes can get there.

13. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I placed some cheap building in front of the troll lairs so the spiders attacked those instead :D. Quite an expensive method though. Using the lightning storm spell can kill them in groups, or normal lightning if you're short on funds.

14. Rokstud

Rokstud New Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Gold rating

I believe that the gold rating applies to how quickly you complete the mission rather than if heroes survive. I think that I completed that mission in 34 days in order to get the gold.

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Anyone give me tips on the level where you have to get the magic temple to third level to prevent your knights getting entombed? Ive beaten it with silver, trying for gold.

18. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Does anybody know whether this and other Herocraft games is 32 or 64 bit?

19. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Updated to support 64 bit in May of 2017 along with other Majesty games!

20. belon_cfy

belon_cfy Member

Dec 24, 2014
    This is a great game but I'm wondering why the developer can't change the sound and music to CD quality? It is still stuck at 11kHz quality.