iPad Mahjong Elements by FDG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Sep 27, 2010.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010

Mahjong Elements

FDG Mobile Games GbR
    Mahjong Elements is also available for iPad and Mac OSX! •EXCEPTIONAL MAHJONG EXPERIENCE Behold the true elemental powe…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Mahjong Elements is also available for iPad and Mac OSX! •EXCEPTIONAL MAHJONG EXPERIENCE Behold the true elemental power of this aesthetically appealing Mahjong experience. It offers over 50 hours of exceptional Mahjong solitaire game play in one complete package. • CHI ENERGY AND XIESHENG ART The menu design and background images were conceived and created together with Feng-Shui experts and other Chinese artists in order to revive the fascinating technique of ancient Xiesheng watercolor. • REGAIN MENTAL BALANCE It is said that viewers of this art benefit from improved energy flow and lasting mental balance. This game will provide you that very peace and tranquility, whenever you may need it. • PRESS REVIEWS app Safari: “Mahjong fans will love this one” Wirebot: “The graphics are gorgeous and the music is calming, an ideal stress reliever.” Feature Overview: ✓ More than 200 Layouts ✓ Animated Menu Design ✓ Retina Display Support ✓ Shuffle, Hint and Undo Functions ✓ No Time Limit ✓ Fever Mode ✓ Authentic HD Xiesheng Art ✓ Unique Help Features ✓ Zoom, Pinch and Drag Feature ✓ Easy-Touch Interface ✓ Extensive Stats Tracking ✓ Game Center Achievements
    Information
    Seller:FDG Mobile Games GbR
    Genre:Board, Family
    Release:Sep 26, 2010
    Updated:Apr 25, 2012
    Version:1.6
    Size:57.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

iPad version:

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    FDG=:)

Mahjong=:(

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Are there tons of unlockables and a shop in this like there are in Mr. Mahjong Touch?

4. Toast

Toast FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder

Apr 27, 2009
    Co-Founder, Executive Producer
    Munich
    yes, there are loads of unlockables and also a shop as in mr. mahjong touch, except that there are no alternative tilesets (until now, but they´ll be coming with future updates).
    the iphone/iphone4 version already supports game center, the ipad version will get game center support as soon as it´s available

5. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Although this version is on a smaller screen, it's still a very highly recommended title. A review is available for the iPad version, here.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    If you can only choose one, would you recommend Mr. Mahjong Touch or Mahjong Elements?

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I have Mr. Mahjong Touch and I don't know, why I should purchase this one.
    Same interface, same background music. It just looks like re-selling an app to earn a few bucks more.

But if somebody can tell me, what is new/better?

8. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Also is there much more in this app compared to the universal app below?

Random Mahjong Pro

Paul Burkey
    Just when you thought Mahjong had been covered on iPhone/iPad, along comes a stylish new Solitaire Mahjong game ready to…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Just when you thought Mahjong had been covered on iPhone/iPad, along comes a stylish new Solitaire Mahjong game ready to take centre stage. The game looks incredible on an iPad, but still manages to look and play great on an iPhone or iPod Touch. The game uses a unique random board generator, so every time you start your game, a fresh challenge awaits. The levels can be as small as 32 tiles, or as large as 152! You can play a sequence of expanding boards (with Score, Levels and Lives), or use the random generator to build a custom level to fit your needs. You have full control over the look and feel, the camera Zooming/Scrolling, the size and complexity of the levels, and the guides/hints/suggestions during play. The small 32 tile level and a solution walkthrough for every board is perfect for teaching the basic rules and logic to anyone who has not played the Solitaire or Shanghai variant of Mahjong before. FEATURES: - Unique levels each time you play! - 50 preset layouts if you want to play familiar levels. - Very simple to learn - Small (32 tiles) boards perfect for beginners! - Relaxing game play with no time limits. - Solution walk-through available for every board! - Levels rewind giving you repeat attempts! - Undo and Shuffle feature. - Auto-save and auto-continue - That "one more try" feeling!
    Information
    Seller:Paul Burkey
    Genre:Board, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 04, 2010
    Updated:Jul 12, 2016
    Version:1.4.2
    Size:17.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

9. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Is this solitaire mahjong only? I want a multiplier version of classic mahjong.

10. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    Has Mr. Mahjong Touch been removed from the App Store? I can't seem to find it anymore.

11. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder

Yes, Mahjong Elements is the new MJ product line - Mr. Mahjong discontinued.

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok now this is a little disconcerting. I HAVE Mr Mahjong Touch, even bought one or two (can't remember now) IAP for it. I still played it all the time. Since bumping up to OS 4 though it didn't really work right so I waited for a fix. The fix will be me buying it all over again?

Man y'all had my favorite Mahjong in the store but now I will have to delete it since there will be no support for it anymore. I guess the price I paid was good for a year's worth of fun - but still it's the principle of it all.

13. Future777

We're not aware of any issues with Mr Mahjong on iOS4 devices. Mahjong Elements is practically the same game just with a more popular style and no inapp purchases. Sometime the day comes that a product may be discontinued. We can't afford to provide unlimited upgrades to all products we ever made. We try to..but we can't sell 2 same games at the same time. Just imagine someone buys Mr Mahjong and then Mahjong Elements with the same layouts..so Mr Mahjong had to go and leave the stage for the new model.

14. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    Since Mr Mahjong Touch is no longer available (I personally like Mr Mahjong's art style better), I decided to pick this one up and have been enjoying it.

But I found 2 issues with the game so far:

-When in the launch screen/main menu, then go into options, the options menu is upside down.

-Auto screen orientation does not work.

Other than those 2 concerns, which will hopefully be fixed in an update, the game is quite well done. I am looking forward to seeing alternative tilesets in the future.

15. Future777

There´s an update on the way, but I don´t know any details about it atm. Anyway, I forwarded your report to the team. Thanks a lot!

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Future777 has proven yet again what a great company FDG really is and showed concern for their customers. Thanks so much.

When developers flaunt "updates for life" I pretty much laugh because a. how is that really possible and b. you will probably beat or bore of the game before life anyway so who cares. So in actuality I really didn't care if there was another update to Mr Mahjong ever again - it had some freezing with the new OS and when you selected a tile it took a bit for them to clear. Frustrating as the worst possible scenario. But of course with other titles updating to accommodate whatever they needed to in the new OS I just figured an update was coming. But then my poor Mr Mahjong is gone I find out? He added some personality to the game!

I am sure I will love this one just as much though.

Thanks again F triple 7!

17. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Any chance of auto-zoom? Thanks.

18. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    The new update did not fix any of these issues :(

19. Future777

Lite Version coming in a few hours.