iPad Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets. WOW, looks strange :)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pante, Apr 12, 2009.

1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #1 pante, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    app store link: Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets

and description:

Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets is a physics-based puzzle game that takes players into a world where anything is possible! Build catapults, automated vehicles, and even create ball busting battering rams as you traverse the tricky terrain and navigate through wild obstacles.

Complete 44 levels by taking control of a variety of tools and parts to construct the most magnificent Gizmos to ever hit the iPhone. With unique physics, stunning graphics and brain-bending puzzles, Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets inspires creativity and will have you struggling to put the game down!

Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets features:
    • 44 challenging levels, each with an infinite number of possible solutions
    • A variety of environmental objects, including explosive cannons, powerful fans, rumbling conveyors, and more
    • A helpful tutorial and hint system that teaches you how to be a physics whiz
    • A Share feature that allows you to save and email your favorite Gizmos to your friends
    • Beautifully stylized visuals
    • Groovy, foot-tappin' soundtrack

Please download the latest version of iTunes, as well as the 2.2 Software update for your iPhone or iPod touch before downloading Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets. For the most enjoyable experience, restart your unit before playing.

REQUIREMENTS:
    Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
    Requires iPhone 2.2 Software Update

screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ANYONE INTERESTED?

2. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    It's TIM for the iPhone apparently, certainly not a bad thing if it's done well. Will wait for some opinions first.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Looks like a fantastic contraption clone to me.

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    at 4.99 i'll let someone else try this :)

5. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    My thoughts exactly. And I am still waiting for fantastic contraption to go on a sale.

6. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    the graphics look better than Fantastic Contraption though. Sorry, I'd TOFTT but I've already used up my budget this month:D

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    wow this kinda reminds me of eningmo a little bit..

9. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hmm I actually like the FC graphics more; they are simpler but look better than this in 2D.

10. That looks surprisingly well done. Good physics, great graphics. Depending on how well the gameplay itself is implemented I'd say it looks like it earns its sticker price.

11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

I loved TIM and this looked pretty slick so I picked it up. Definitely a good purchase; expensive for an iPhone game but there's some serious work gone in to this - I'm extremely impressed so far.

Jamie.

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

So I've played this a little more and I'd like to add a little to my initial comments...

First, this remains an extremely good game - lovely graphics, smooth and intuitive interface and very challenging levels - I'm enjoying it.

But... the downside... 44 levels are advertised - but at least 12 of these are 'tutorial' levels where you are either completely guided as to what you should do or where it is blindingly obvious. These aren't really levels at all - they're no challenge. So the game actually has approximately 32 levels. I'm not sure what kind of longevity it'll have as a result... I need to play a little more to see how fast I move through them.

Perhaps more levels are planned in future releases - if that's the case then I'd give this a very high rating indeed - but if we'll see no further levels then it's hard to say at this point whether it represents value for money or not at this price until I've played further into what's there.

If the devs read this forum perhaps they could comment?

Jamie.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for your impressions of the game.:)

14. I'm on the medium levels and guess what. 1st medium level is a tutorial too. Anyway so far I'm liking this one. Thing that ticks me off about Crazy Machines is it's clearly a port and looks the same crap hard to read text just like on the Nintendo DS one. Magnificent has clear text and zooms wonderfully and looks as if it's made for the iphone so it does have that going in its favor. I'll get pretty far in both of them today and see which one or both are worth their salt.

15. Ok I've played more of Crazy Machines and didn't like it too much on DS so didn't have too high hopes for it on iphone. I got to chapter 2 in Crazy Machines but put a rocket by the lighter did it light? Not till I figured out had to put it closer to the fuse. Nope the stick isn't the fuse. Where is the fuse? Well after you solve the puzzle and see the Professor's Solution then you can see it. Lack of zoom is terrible ommission for Crazy Machines and imho another crap port to iphone. Magnificent Gizmos is fun like Fantastic Contraption is. Yes both are $5 but in this case they're both superior. Crayon Physics was a clear failure port to iphone even the original author admits it. Now off to play more Magnificent Gizmos and Gadgets still in medium levels.

16. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#16 jchampl, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    I'm stupid.....I can't read.

17. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    AVC: What about the iPhone port? It was kind of shaky. I know you didn't have a hand in the programming of that version, but was it stressful to have it associated with the launch of your game?
    PP: I was somewhat disappointed with the iPhone version of the game. I probably should have been more involved. After it came out, they fixed some problems with it, but still, to my mind, it's not the kind of game it should be. They messed some stuff up badly. All of the framerates in the game are very low. One of the powerful things in the game is actually seeing your drawing drop into the scene. They replaced this with small dots, which then would convert into your drawing. That took away from the magic of the game. They used an older level editor, not the one I wanted to ship the game with. I felt that they were rushing the game out there, and I didn't have any real input.

18. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

maybe I should have read the article. I ASSumed
    it was the old one I read and I made an ass of myself. thanks dave for answering my stupid question/statement.

19. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    noooo . . . . i saw "gizmos and gadgets" and assumed it was my childhood favorite (ohh, how i spent hours on that game). :(:(

20. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    On sale $1.99