Universal MAGICUS (by keizo morishige)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Alex DeLargest, Nov 26, 2022.

1. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Do you remember where you get it? I don’t seem to have find it and I thought I bought everything available. Unless it’s from the step shop as a reward for 10000 steps I really don’t know where to get it.

2. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    It’s Jewelry Power. You can extract it from Jewel Sword, which is the reward for completing the first stage (Plains).

If you sold it without extracting, you can forge High Jewel Sword with Soul Fragments, Demon Shell, and Hyos. I think there’s an easier gear to forge, but I’m not seeing it in my forge list.

andreadeda and Alex DeLargest like this.
  3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    What a game! Is there multiple endings? And if you beat it can you keep playing? Like a NG+ or do you just reload last save kinda thing? Im lvl 21 and still have quite a few levels to unlock. Also what has been the best class so far for everyone?

I played the thief until I unlocked the assassin. I love the traps avoidances and unlocks lol. Just curious what you’ll played through with. I haven’t really messed with other classes yet

Roxton likes this.
  4. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    There are several endings! But you won’t miss any, because each ending unlocks the next. Gameplay automatically rewinds after an ending, where appropriate.

I landed on Samurai, which seemed like a nice balance of HP, Atk, Chant, but I’m tempted to experiment further.

Before that, I started with thief, then assassin, then went to warrior for the HP.

There’s probably a really good build with Assassin that involves sleep and break pieces.

5. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Thank you, got it!

Andrea

Roxton likes this.
  6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This seems to be removed from the App Store now?

7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    It’s still available for me.

8. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Wasn’t available for me this morning but reappeared at lunch time as if by magic(us)

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m slightly confused by the mechanic/means of progression - at the moment I’m on the plains and getting beaten about 3/4 of the run through every time.
    Now am I meant to ‘go back’ to the beginning if I’m losing or carry on going till I’m dead and get half experience? Also I’m struggling to find where my progression to levelling up is?

(I am still quite enjoying it though)

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    This game requires you to travel between areas and finish locations that are beatable with your level/equipments.

If a location says danger, then the location is too difficult for you stat wise.

11. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Ta very much. I’d only unlocked one area at the time and I was struggling to beat that - I’m past that now and opened a lot more areas - enjoying it very much but I’m still not sure where to find how many exp points I need to get to level up?

12. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #32 Roxton, Dec 19, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Two things that may help.
    1) As I recall, you only have to reach the midpoint of the plains to progress to the next area.
    2) Slime jellies are health items! Learning that was a game changer for me, early on.

13. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    At the hut or castle (or any non-combat area), you should see a Stat button.
    Just below your portrait is NextEXP, which indicates how much you need to level up.

Important detail you may already be aware of:
    The number in the upper-left of your screen represents XP, but it doesn’t apply until you sleep at the hut or castle inn.
    Any applied XP is safely banked, but any unapplied XP will be lost on death. It can be worth escaping a level to sleep and level up.

14. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Nice one thanks very much for the advice - I’d completely missed the slime as health item! As Roxton said it’s a game changer early on helped enormously.

15. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    I am now seriously addicted to this. Such a good game one of my favourites of the year I think.
    I wasn’t sure about the match3 element at first but it’s really grown on me now.

Roxton and Alex DeLargest like this.
  16. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Where do you get Hyos from?

I’ve got the picture book so can look up drops now for crafting, but presumably Hyos is a herb I need to find somewhere…

Unless I’m missing it the level selection doesn’t obviously show the potential drops for that area?

17. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Ah, yeah, I remember having trouble with that one.
    Pretty sure it’s a forage reward. Probably in the same areas where you can get demon shells?
    If you’ve been failing search or harvest checks in grassy area events, there’s a good chance that’s what you’re missing.
    Sorry I don’t have a more concrete pointer.

18. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Coincidentally I’ve just played through the Graveyard level and have been finding Hyos there.

19. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks - Hyos sorted (mostly) now I think

starting to get a bit grindy now, mostly same, but still got lots to do:
    - Max out spells
    - a LOT of leaves needed (finding this super slow)
    - more money for house upgrades
    - LOADS more of arena…

not figured out yet how to use anything other than basic lottery tickets? Not used the fish yet either, though looks like one more “shop” left to unlock I think

20. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #40 Roxton, Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    I managed to avoid grinding. Have you tried advancing in the arena? (The skill board rewards are pretty key.) And have you unlocked the extractor shop? You may be at the point where you can find a broken-seeming spell/skill/class combo that can rocket you over the hump.

FYI, the fish-related shop is in the Sabak region.
    I’m not sure when the lottery shop starts accepting higher tier tickets.