Magicpad on sale for free

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dannys95, Dec 19, 2008.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #1 dannys95, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    magicpad is on sale for free for a limited time.

2. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Man, I don't see why Apple doesn't use copy paste like this. It's so easy to use within that app.

3. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I spotted this too, and I like it. It feels weird at first to double-tap and hold, we never had to use that function before, but you get used to it. The only thing I can think to explain why Apple hasn't done something like this before, is that they don't want to have toolbars on each app. Also, I think they might want something more gestural like symbol-drawing to copy or paste, and thus universal.

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    apple can just have double tap and hold then drag text and release to copy. and double tap and a paste button comes out.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

i bought this for $5. This is stupid. And I barely use it, as I can't copy text to Mail or Safari..

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    if u r interested in that go to pastebud.com

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

i know. I don't like that approach much either..

8. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I think there's a button at the bottom of each note allowing you to email it out, but obviously not the kind of universal C&P that everyone wants.

Watch their video on their website. They have interesting plans on how C&P ~could~ be implemented system-wide. I was really intrigued but the wife dragged me away from the mac for dinner (doh!)

9. been using my magicpad for last week or so and never going back to mouse. I definitely prefer tap to click though set in preferences. Funny thing is on ipad I'm finding myself wanting to do gestures like on magicpad.