Universal Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Lmao yeah I went and lost one myself. Name is Trapspringer in the game. Are you Pitta in game as well?

They changed a TON of cards some for better some for worse. Also raised the cost of a bunch of cards too

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    They lowered many too.
    Nissa's pilgrimage now it's 3 down to 7 I think, but it lasts less.

My name is PittaPQ :)

3. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm ranked 2 right now on the Leaderboards as Trapspringer ;)

Whoever StarLancer is has been playing like crazy lol! Gotaa catch his ass

4. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #124 aconfusedkender, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    So just found out that if you played this game before the update then you should have amassed a ton of stones. Well i had over 300k sitting in the bank. They lowered the cost of upgrading Planeswalkers by A SHITLOAD! I just leveled up all Planeswalkers to level 50 and still have 173k lol so you'll might want to do that before they fix it with the nerf hammer. So now I have all of the PW and they are all Max level.

@Pitta I have been beaten 3 times so far by some pretty sick decks and some shitty draws on my part. I have won 8 though. I will say that I do enjoy an ACTUAL match instead of just me whipping some ass.

EDIT:
    So after losing to Jace I decided to make my own Jace deck and have won 8 straight with him. He's disgusting control type. I am now ranked #1 woot woot!!!

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Any word on a worldwide release date yet?

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    What are some ideas for Chandras deck after the update? I pulled the Avarice dragon so slotter that in and am using the now cheaper Volcanic rambler with the nerfed haste firebeast thing still. The javelin and eqsuisite fire spells were both made more expensive but still using.

7. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So Jace has this creature card that damn near breaks the opponent. It's by far the most annoying card to go against that has won me every game since I've put it in. I'm currently on a 15 game win streak

Mizzium Meddler
    Cost 9
    Rare
    Creature - Attacker
    4/7
    Description:
    When your opponent matches 3 or more gems, the first card in your opponent's hand loses 3 mana and the last card in your opponents hand gains 3 mana.

Sounds simple enough but it will absolutely destroy your enemy mana gain to where they can't play anything...kinda broken

8. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    It must have different pvp brackets, because I don't see any of your names on the leaderboard.

On another topic, has anyone seen anything about if we will get rewarded for ranking high on pvp? I see where it says that it will reset.

9. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    So this game is out in Canada now! Downloaded it and played it. Am enjoying it. When did that happen?

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  11. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Well I guess they think they fixed everything already with one update. Oh well. Hope my data will transfer to my Us account. If not then I'm done with it hahaha

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's out now.

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Seems like a deep and engaging match-3 game. But timers, currencies, events, Facebook, slow UI owing to always online requirements... nope.

Deleted.

14. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Gems of War destroys all.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #135 Montanx, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    There are no timers, every game has currency, events are a good thing, Facebook is optional, every game is always online. Yep. Could have stopped at deep and engaging match 3. UI could be better, I'll give that. Also anyone who played before the update prob has an advantage since they handed out tons of currency comparatively. There's tons they still can/should do but as we've said in this thread, the base game has so much potential and is a lot of fun.

16. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    There is a timer on Planeswalker HP regeneration.

There are currencies that can be purchased with real money in freemium/paid-mium games which leave the balance of the game dependent on the monetization rather than the actual gameplay.

Events force the user to schedule their play time according to the game. (Much like the timers)

Facebook is essential if you hope to play the game on multiple devices.

In any case, you're free to enjoy and laud the game, same as I'm free to criticize it based on my experience with the game.

17. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I played it for 1 minute, then deleted it. It was pretty lame. I absolutely hated the fact that FB was used in place of Game Center. I have a Facebook account, but I don't use it, and I WILL NEVER log into a game using. When the hell are these developers going to realize that FB is LAME?! 90% of the time, if a game has FB, It's an automatic delete. 100% of the time if there is zero Game Center integration.

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I've been playing this game and liking it in soft launch, but when I looked at the so-called 'starter' pack, all I could do was laugh. Really, 8.99 for 200 gems and 1500 (not 15000 like it was in SL) stones?

19. BobbyBuckets

BobbyBuckets Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    It's a great idea for a game but gameplay is so slow with all the animations and waiting for opponents turns, drawing cards, etc. Most likely too slow for people except maybe those who actually play Magic the Gathering in real life.

20. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Nellie to be fair they have lowered the cost of leveling up your PW's now so 1500 is relative to the 15000 it was in SL. Like i said earlier. I had a level 50 Chandra in SL and beat the game with over 370k in stones. After the update I leveled up every single PW to level 50 and still have over 100k in stones lol. Where in SL to get from level 49-50 was like 200k+ alone. They really made it easier for people in SL to have a "head start" when it comes to PW levels. Cards are cards though and it really depends on RNG if you get good ones in packs or not. What used to give me 5k for a replay in a level now gices 50 so they just dropped some zeros from everything it looks like