Universal Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. buzznaut

buzznaut Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I could certainly be wrong in my assessment. However I still cannot figure out how to get by the battle where I am stuck except for eventually getting a completely lucky draw in combination with extreme bad luck by the AI. Guess at the end of the day that's the whole Match 3 mechanic however. Maybe I'll try to go back and compete the other objectives on the previous battles which seem also nearly impossible and hopefully get enough currency to buy Chnadra as folks think she is more powerful. Maybe I would be able to progress using her.

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Also guys, remember you adjust the order that you cast your cards by swiping them up and down the list. You don't need to rely on having the right cards in order of the que. There's only 10 cards in the deck that you can draw from so there's not much luck of the draw going on.

Once that first 15 or so stages is done you can just cruise through until they change the difficulty. I'm trying to complete them all to get the easy currency.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I can confirm that to activate the powers of the creatures that 'activate' a single gem (not support) you must match said gem (it's light up and if you press the gem the creature bound to it lights up too).

Some are very powerful.

I'm rocking an all elves Nissa deck now.

GLORIOUS.

4. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    How do I get jayemde tomb to draw a card?

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I don't have that card, sorry.

If it mention a gem....when you draw it it will light up a gem.
    Match the gem to activate the power.

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it is about time I get myself a NZ account

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #107 Pitta, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    As I completed everything already, the game has seen little playtime by me unfortunately.
    Yesterday I play some consecutive games against the last Heroic Encounter, the level 50 warrior (I'm level 27) just because.
    3 games were easy win....basically I was unscratched.
    2 games were fantastic...wasn't really in trouble but the opponent really counterattacked consistently and I had to restart from scratch summoning creatures and support spells because he always found ways to kill or block everyone.
    1 game I was down to 10 HP.
    Those are the games where this game really really shines.
    I do not know why the AI is so variable...maybe the opponent doesn't get any creatures to be summoned for so many turns at the start?
    I do not know...but I would prefer the game to cheat with hand picked opening cards if it is so.
    Because those challenging games are wonderful.

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon

I agree Wholeheartedly about the game shining when it gets intense. Sadly I'm in the same boat as you that since I beat everything I just log in to get my daily rewards and log back out. Until they do the worldwide release where we can do events and PvP or at least fix the messed up quests theres not much else to do. I do really enjoy the game though and will keep it on my phone until the worldwide release where I can hopefully DUEL YOU TO THE DEATH PITTA!!!! That would be epic bro. I'd love to see your elf deck against my level 50 Chanda deck ;) I can't wait for that!

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    :)

I hope so...but Christmas approaching I'm not sure they will have everything fine before the Christmas lockdown.
    I do hope it tough.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So, I can confirm that playing normally and completing all 3 checks in the heroic encounters (4 out of 5 actually and I didn't bother in the other chapters, because many were broken) you can get TWO big packs (the 600 gold ones).
    It means 28 boosters with the highest chance of rare and mythic.

They are a TON...I think I can have 2 completely different and highly effective decks for every planes walker.
    I didn't bother to build a deck for everyone but they are really a ton of cards, many uncommon and rare and some mythic.
    Overall they are all very balanced.
    And the art is simply GORGEOUS.

Despite the weird AI after chapter 1, and even in this beta state, it's probably my favorite match 3 game since Puzzle Quest 1 and then some.
    Can't wait for more.

11. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    They have so much potential here, it just needs tightening up. Maybe spiff up the UI and deckbuilder for sure. They need a way to manage cards and extra cards. when I pull a dupe its just useless.

12. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I really don't understand how anyone could like the buggy mess that this game is.

13. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    It's just such a strong foundation of a game and the ccg/match3 hybrid is genius. The AI is prob the worst iv seen in any game tho. After that first set of stages, EVERY other stage is just breezing through while the opponent does almost nothing. Even the heroic stages I'm just restarting til I get 2 creatures and blindly casting them. It's like if you played super Mario bros and every stage after the first was just 1 goomba. Essentially I just completed everything to open as many packs as possible and level Chandra to 50. You can't level 2 characters that high since you get vastly lower rewards after the first complete.

I'm essentially now done and just waiting for them to build on the game. It really is a great mashup of genres and so much potential.

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Maybe it's just me, but yesterday they updated the servers for half an hour, and now it seems to me opponents summon creatures like there was no tomorrow in Heroic Encounters.
    I can still beat them all, but at least they lower my HP from 55 to 25 sometimes.
    Last boss of 1 chapter lowered my HP to 3 2 or 3 times already (never happened before, not even 1 HP).

Found some really wonderful new mythic cards too (very expensive to cast tough).

Game is still in beta obviously...but it is SO FUN....incredibile potential imho.

I love when you play an Heroic Encounter and there are like 5-6 support in the board...each turn is a graphic orgasm with colored bolts connecting various card all over the place.

15. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    New update out.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #116 aconfusedkender, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Hahahha I was just coming to say that!!!

Is the server down for anyone else or just me?

17. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Mine is connecting sporadically.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sometimes i can't undesrtand dev choices... why is the update only for iOS 8+ ???????????

such things make me really pissed off.

old version obliterated.

19. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Wow finally got a chance to check out the update. Lots of card changes and game changes. Looks like rewards have been fixed but now give a lot less. I had 200k saved up tho and packs of 3 cards are only 225 so I can buy a ton. Pulled a mythic Avaricious dragon, 8/8 and drawn cards cost 3 less. Gold rewards lowered as well. Seems like Chandra's removal got a nerd as some of the direct dap get spells cost got raised, but that was prob needed. Her abilities got buffs tho and now destroy gem blocks which is great for causing new matches. They added a vs system too which I believe you fight AI decks of players, not people themselves.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Stellar update.

For the first time, I was HAMMERED in PVP.
    Like I couldn't even scratch my opponent.

Lots of new card and changes in old ones.

Back to the drawing board!!!