Universal Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Loving this game.

Wondering what Planeswalker to unlock now. Only have Nissa but until she gets to level 26, her special skill is almost useless.

And I suppose if I log back into my regular account I can't make any IAP right until it's been downloaded from that account? :)

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Took me half an hour to open the 600 gold packs!!!!

Some mythic and rare, many uncommon.
    Nothing earth shattering and the best cards are, of course, for planes walker I do not use.
    Going for a full elves deck now because of cards I unlocked that give them nice perks.

I wish I had that Nissa card AConfusedKender found!!!!

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I updated that post it is called Nissa's Revelation :)

what mythics did you get by the way and would you say that saving for the 600 pack is better than getting the other ones. Also I'm assuming you've spent no money so 600 is acheivable through just playing correct?

Thanks Pitta!

4. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So I know the game is in Soft Launch still but I had a piece of redemption. I was playing level 9 of the first act and the endurance on that one is win 5 times. Well I beat it for the first time and got 10k stones for completing the 5 wins as well :) I AM REDEEMED!!! hahaha I will of course submit this so they can have a polished product when it comes out.

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hold on! Wait until I get there! lol

And yeah, would like to know your thoughts as well if that 600 pack is worth it

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes didn't spent anything (I couldn't even if I wished....I made the account just for this game).
    I never spent gold going for the big pack...it's of course more convenient..and I never really had the necessity of new cards to win playing normally.
    Actually first chapter was maybe the most difficult...now I feel I'm a bit overpowered.

I do not recall which mythic I got (nothing specific for Nissa, but I already had a wonderful card unlocked via playing before).
    Almost all were for the woman necromancer I personally do not like, and many for Chandra.
    I wish I could just see my whole deck and get a screenshot...it's a bit difficult right now.

BTW...anyone knows what are those colored M in the deck building filters?
    I can't understand what they do exactly.

Also....how many duplicate cards are for each type you choose?
    I know I have a 10 cards deck, with 6 creatures and 4 spells.
    I choose 2 spells and 8 creatures, but I can't understand how many duplicate of each creatures or spells are in the deck.

Also...some cards 'light' a single gem.
    If you tap on the gem, the card lights up (it's a monster, not a spell).
    But why? What matching that gem does?

Thanks!

7. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So from what I've gathered here's what I hope I can tell you.

The M in the Filter thing is a filter for rarity. The Copper one is for your mystics and Gold for Rare and so on. If they are lit up then it will only show those rarities.

As for the duplicates when you are playing idk if there is a way to tell how many of each card you will get in a game. I know in a physical MTG game there are 60 card decks so maybe there is 6 copies of each in a deck? not sure about that.

As for the symbols or whatever when you are in a match that you can light up or turn off that disables the card from being played BUT it will still get mana when you match if they are in the top of your list even though they will not be played. I do that alot playing Chandra because of all the spells she has. I will fill out a few then disable them so I can use them when the enemy starts playing stuff for free.

If you are referencing the "light" of a gem in the actual battlefield then that is probably a support gem that has a number on the gem. That should be how many times it can be matched before it goes away.

If neither of these was what you were referring to then fill me in on some more details and I'll try and help bud.

I agree that the deck building needs a LOT of love in terms of UI but I think they'll hash that out. I am also not able to save my edited deck with Chandra is anyone is playing with her let me know.

I TOFTT and got Chandra first although I see that you get her with rewards after 30 days. I am curious to see what happens if you already own her...will they give you the 15k it took to buy her or will she evolve :) or will they just give me a different Planeswalker. I guess we'll see

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ah!!!!
    Thanks!!!

Whoa!
    I didn't know that, thanks.
    I do not use spells at the moment so that's why I missed them probably, but good to know!!!

No, I didn't mean support gems.

Sometimes my opponent summon a creature, and he 'lights' a gem.
    It's brighter, but not like the support ones.

You see the connection with the 'lighting bolt' between the two.
    If you tap on said gem, the creature card near the opponent avatar lights up.
    I can't read anything special in the card description that mention a gem tough...I tried to match them but nothing happened (or I didn't notice).

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok...I was able to grab a screenshot.
    This particular card does mention a gem...but many do not.

BTW....Chapter 2 was imho pretty easy...but chapter 3 is AMAZING.....just had an incredible epic fight that lasted almost 10 minutes.
    Whenever I had my setup in place with support and monsters, something happened and I was back to the drawing board.

Anyway....
    Said gem is the one in the central position, second row starting from the bottom.
    If I press it the monster lights up (I took the screenshot in that exact moment).

Card description is the second image.

Any idea?

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Try playing Gideon. He has cards in his deck that give back health points...very helpful attribute.

11. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #31 aconfusedkender, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    SO Pitta I'm thinking that it has to do with the Activate ability. I have a card in Chandra deck that activates but I haven't seen it do anything. Now that I have seent he gem I wonder if by that term activate they are saying if I activate then match the card that it will go off but the only flaw I see in that is casting the card before you play which you can't do. Dude I'm at a loss honestly. Not quite sure

BTW in accordance with my earlier post about changing a deck. I found out that if I edit Chandra deck it doesn't work at all when I try to save. So I clicked the Clear Deck option and made it how I wanted and it FINALLY worked! So now I've been tromping people ;)

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I can't confirm but I think you are right.
    To actually activate the power you need to match the gem.

Which is actually pretty cool, another strategic layer.

Now that you told me how to activate and deactivate the cards the game is even better.
    I love having everything concealed till I'm low on HPs and then unleash all the cards :p

13. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #33 aconfusedkender, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Yeah that is a very fun thing to do. When does PVP unlock? I'm on the 2nd to last level for the first chapter. I've been going back and getting the other quests that aren't bugged so I can make an even better deck

BTW I found a super awesome combo thingy that has worked for me:

There is a card called Brawler's Plate (don't remember if I got it from a pack or not. I think I did it's uncommon) well it's a support card that gives a +2/+2 and Beserker (which means the creature will attack opposing minions instead of hero) well if you bring out this Prickleboar that I have that is a 3/3 and when he becomes blocked he gets +2/0 and First Strike until end of turn. He just Pricks everyone out of my way (unless it's flying) It's freaking nasty awesome!!!!

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    OMG I just unlocked the Heroic Encounters.

:eek::eek::eek:

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I must have this game... Anyone who feels the urge to share an account with me for wherever this is soft launched, please do so :). Or any word on a world wide release?

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Available in NZ app store as well.

17. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Lmao damn Pitta put the game down son! So that means you've beaten all the chapters?!?

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Possibly releasing this week ?

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    No idea.

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I think I've said it before, but your avatar is so awesome...