Universal Magic Rampage (by Asantee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Upgrade, dude. iOS 8.2 is waiting for you. :D

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The game is released in US Store now.

Play the game for a while and notice that it's a cool, great game. The only thing that sometimes touch is not good... Maybe because my device is old...

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow this game is pretty sweet. And, they promote head shots! ##

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Yes, sure! An awesome game! Agree? :D

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ikr, was just thinking this.

6. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Platforming is fine but it's the enemy type that has me bored.
    Oh my gawd, Zombies again? With a setup like this, I would have loved to kill some demons instead of stupid looking zombies. Deleted after 5 mins.:mad:

7. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    ^ ridiculous lol...

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Zombies are only a small part of the enemy roster.

I understand it if some people hate the zombie themed games, but dismissing a game simply because it has zombies without even being a zombie game does sound ridiculous.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah it's ridiculous. He left the game a 3 star rating. Deleted after 5 mins ? Can't please people these days

Surprised as he's a fellow dev

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Lol, April Fool's Day... :D:D

11. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    If I analyze this game as a fellow dev, technology & design wise its solid. But, my rating is based on what I felt as a gamer. 5 minutes were enough to get me past the first 3 levels where I realised that this one is not worth my time. With a screen full of games waiting to be played, I felt that this one didn't make the cut.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This post makes more sense. The zombie bit was ridiculous. Nonetheless, your opinion of the game is of course, your opinion.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont get me wrong i hope the later levels are different. But that comment just reminded me of the person who tried that Star Wars Rebels game and gave up after 2 levels as they thought it was much of the same.

If i'm on 'world 7' and its still zombies and nothing else then yeah sadly its time to move on ! I'm 'hoping' that it gets different, so far its a GREAT start as the graphics are great, gameplay is excellent. I hope theres variety, sounds like there should be (boss fights etc).

The games free to try, not saying everyone has to like this but when we still get flappy clones every week and other dire games then surely lets give something like this a bit of love !

14. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India

You give it love & I will provide the brickbats. Just kidding! :p
    I do agree that games which try to do something different should be shown a bit of love. Perhaps, next time I will use more words when criticising a game.

15. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #35 SumoSplash, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Excellent game in terms of gameplay, level design and overall homage to Castletroid, unfortunately destined for deletion due to an in-game monetization structure based on revives/consumable IAP.

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    LoL i was so in my zone that i never realized that he's walking only with one leg, indeed.

Me too, i rather would have fought more demons, but the zombies looks and the head shot explosions are so cute done, i'm totally ok with it.

Besides five different and very challenging Survival rooms à la Super Crate Box (all with GC), some (not too big) exploring parts, three slots, there are so much more of those lovely little details to be seen. Keep tapping the starting screen to destroy the vases, though i'm not sure if i always get the items to my inventory. Scroll fast in the chapter room, if you're further in the game, to make our hero run to each side. Small play buttons but with big hit-areas and so forth. A lot of love to be found here.

Funny how psychology works. Without any pressure and so brilliant executed, i'm more than willing to buy an iap...a consumable iap!!!

PS: i already bought $5/200k, though the store said (after the password) $5/100k. So i contacted the Devs and they immediately wrote back to fix that. They also said it's only a store mistake and i would get 200k...and so it was.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #37 Zeillusion, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Wow, the games awesome. Platforming beauty right here. The art is incredible, and I love the Mario - like secrets. Weapons / armor / elements is awesome!

One of a kind I tell ya.

Omg. The shop loot is random, just wet my pants a little. Epic! I'm already 16% through on mission 4. Let's hope for content expansions!

I wish I could move items around in my inventory since there all over the place and I'm a hoarder :p keeping one of each element + a super jump outfit.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm really liking this game. Not only is the game solid but the controls are actually tight and the levels are well thought out with lots of secrets and chests. The enemies change as you go up the levels. A jumping skeleton head shot me in my last game lol.

I've had not a single crash. I purchased the $5 IAP so the dev can get some coffee lol

The only thing I can think of that might be a slight complaint is that the IAP is not tied to your account. It's tied to the character.

Other than that if you love platform ing then this game is for you. No ads to energy timers. The devs have done an awesome job.

Billy

19. André Santee

André Santee Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi there! It's the dev here. A couple of guys in this thread invited me in :)I read everything through, I'm super happy that many of you guys are having a good time there, and I also have taken notes from the critics as well. Thank you so much!

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Welcome to TA and thank you for the explanation of the ios restrictions. Totally understood. I'd love it of course if you could limit it to 8.0 but I understand. For those wondering, the graphics are not compatable with the 4s. That why there is a 8.1 requirement. My feeling is that you just state support as iphone 5 and later but I understand you don't want people being upset as well. I may update my iPad and try it there but I don't like playing platforms on the iPad. Again, thanks for the explanation and you have my support.