Universal Magic Duels (by Wizards of the Coast)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. protonium

protonium Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Does this game still swallow your device's battery life whole in 60 minutes or less?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes, maybe even more so now.

3. protonium

protonium Member

Mar 1, 2013
    :( hard pass. I'll check back in a few updates.

4. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Man love all the new cards. Was finally able to login to gc and got all the cards i wanted. And that's about where the fun stopped. 30 to 45 second load times between screens. Now if you have no sorcery cards or lands or creatures it just skips your main phase turn which completely breaks the game since you can't cast instant cards on your main phase or use abilities. If you try to use a clue the game crashes. A lot of the cards don't even work properly especially anything to do with going into your graveyard to pay for effects. And my battery is dead within about an hour of playing it. I think I'm finally giving up on this one :/ I gotta feeling if mtg next is any good this will probably just get scrapped anyway since for the most part this might be beyond fixing. Here's to hoping

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    What device are you playing on? And IOS version?

I get plenty of crashes on 6+

Crashes starting a match in solo against AI. I've read the possible fix is to delete your old decks and build new (hardly a fix). But I can't even get into my card library to do that without a crash.
    I can however play the campaign. That's about all.

Just shocking they can release the game like this

6. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Anyone else unable to play due to Game Center? I can't log out of GC so I can't play.

7. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    iPhone 6 iOS 9.2.
    Yeah I don't have any of those issues. I can't access my cards (the new ones) unless I'm on line. It is a very strange way to implement iCloud.

As far as the gc goes it really depends on how hard the bug is for you. Mine randomly works and randomly doesn't work.

Hopefully we'll see an update soon. Even if they fix all of the stuff I might stop playing it just because the battery drain is so insane. And I thought deathwatch and radiation island were bad.....this is like twice as bad as far as your battery dying. Just a bummer because I love the game so much.

8. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    It just says I need to log into GC because I had previously played with GC. Well, the GC app NEVER works and the GC tab under Settings ALWAYS freezes settings. If I reboot in Airplane mode I can view the GC settings tab, which says I'm logged in, so I try to log out. It will start spinning its wheel and hang there. Of course, I'm in Airplane mode, so I have to turn that off again, at which point the Settings app freezes.

So basically GC thinks I'm logged in but none of my GC-dependent apps see me as logged in and I'm unable to do anything about it.

9. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    #189 gonif, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    <deleted>

10. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    New expansion coming July 20th and should fix the priority issues and clue token problem if anyone still cares lol

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I hope so, but have to state the obvious, their support of this game is beyond atrocious. The only updates they ever release are for new expansions, and maybe if you're lucky, they'll address a couple of critical bugs introduced with their last release 6 months before. :rolleyes:

12. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    You're so right. Let's see what bugs happen this time . It's pretty pathetic but I love the game so much I keep crawling back to this app:/

13. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    So far the bugs prevented me from giving this game a go on mobile. How is the latest update? Has lots of bug fixes listed at least.

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I haven't had a great deal of time with it yet so I don't know about bugs so far as broken cards go, but bugs in terms of crashes seems fairly well sorted now. Haven't had a hiccup yet, whereas the last expansion release was attrocious.
    Apparently the gamebreaking auto skip phase is gone now too.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This Game has shared account between iOS and steam?

16. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    No, there is no account system. It has iCloud sync but that's it. Big mistake, IMO.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ranks at the very top of the strangest design decisions in gaming history.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #198 Talbs, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Ok, so interestingly, the game just got an update that unlocked all cards in the game for free.
    However this game still burns a hole in your phone and isn’t X optimised.

still, all considered. If you love magic, here’s an option.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    But didn't the server just go down for the last time according to their post on Steam yesterday?

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes. So as I understand it would basically be on device only from now on. ie single player.