iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. FoolishEarthling

FoolishEarthling Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    I understand that way of thinking, but it's also about game balance.

If deleting and regenerating a sealed deck for free then people would just do it endlessly until they got the best cards, like three black rares or something.

It's not just a cashfarming scam, Sealed Deck play wouldn't make sense if it was free.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    True. Maybe if they implement something like being able to reset a slot over time or if the player actually completes the campaign in a slot they then can start a new run from it. I don't want creepy scumming possible but would like to be able to replay the campaign multiple times.

3. Senza

Senza Member

Jan 25, 2013
  4. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    (gets excited)

My $10 is ready.

5. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
  6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    (seeing the $10 in hand) Hey, look over here! I got your Magic 2014 right, erm, down this back alley, yeah. Come alone. ;)

7. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

5 days can't pass fast enough.

8. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Magic 2013 is hands down my most played game (played paper Magic competitively late 90s), so no question this is an instabuy. Cant wait to play sealed. :)

9. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    I played paper magic terribly in the 90's. :D

When magic 2013 came out I hadn't looked at a magic card in over a decade. It was the best ten bucks I've ever spent.

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I HOPE they'll add the ability to play RANDOM AI opponents (i.e. any of the opponents you can choose in Custom AI games). As it stands it always feels like I'm either choosing an AI opponent my deck is well tuned against or intentionally choosing an opponent I'm not ready for. I'd rather the decision be made for me so I could pretend it is some sort of tournament. :p

11. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
  12. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    The one and only thing I'm hoping for is that when an online opponent quits the game, the one who stays automatically wins the match. I can't stand the AI kicking in and taking over games for an opponenet who quits. Especially when I'm still unlocking cards on the deck I was using.

PC plays had the option to turn this off. iOS users need this option, as well.

13. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Lol. I agree, best 10 bucks spent, although in my case 25ish since I bought everything.

Not to mention, AI seems to know your cards. I agree with this too, if he/she quits, you win.

14. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Thanks for the great news! My $10 is ready for Magic 2014 too! Magic 2013 was my favorite ipad game for 2012 till now and I bought every single expansions.

Next week is a great week for gaming for me, with Muramasa Rebirth being released on Vita on 25 June as well and Zero Escape free for PS+ members.

15. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #1395 Card, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    ^ Yeah hopefully this is addressed in 2014. I create a thread in the official forums, you guys can comment if you want. =)

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29976863/Attn:_Sean_-_iOS_turning_off_AI_takeover_for_online_games_in_Magic_2014

16. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    It was frustrating for me to read people complaining about the price last year. It's an incredibly polished game that provides dozens of hours of enjoyment that costs as much as my lunch did yesterday.

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My whining is unfounded as this IS covered in Magic 2014 as shown in this video (1:04):

18. Wizards_Sean

Wizards_Sean Active Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Associate Community Manager for Magic: The Gatheri
    Seattle, WA
    Hello! I'm Sean Gibbons, Associate Community Manager for Magic at Wizards of the Coast. I just wanted to stop by and link you to our official article giving the iPad release date (June 25), just in case any of you missed it (thanks Senza for posting that earlier).

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1259

I hope you're all as jazzed as I am for Magic 2014-Duels of the Planeswalkers and the introduction of Sealed play! I'll be around TouchArcade as well, so I'm looking forward to getting your impressions once the game is out. Cheers!

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Hi Sean, can't wait to try out the sealed deck. Instant buy for me, as a long time fan of Magic. :D

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hi sean,
    Thanks for dropping in here. We would all absolutely love to see you around here more often, or just whenever you can.
    I'm definitely looking forward to this, it's such a quality product.

One thing I'd like to ask, because I've never known who at wizards to address this too: could we please get an iphone build? I think I'm part of a sea of many who would purchase the iphone build also even if it werent a universal app. This would be my be all end all app if it were on iphone. While space on the screen may be an issue, I think it would still be workable. At least there would be an option to have either or both.

Anyway, looking forward to this on the 25th.
    Hope to see you around.