iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    No. Never.

Since players can interrupt each others turn to play cards at almost any moment, an async implementation would have to pause to pass your turn to allow this after each and every single action taken.

It would be excruciatingly horrible and ridiculously time consuming.

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I'm pretty new to this and it's pretty easy to get into. My only card game experience is with Ascension that i bought a few weeks ago and dab with it a few times a week.. Magic's basic rules isn't hard to grasp. Its learning the cards that's the depth from what I can see. Pretty fun for me so far and I recommend if your going to try it..dedicate ~15 minutes to really take the time to go through the tutorial, then trying a few campaign missions. If you rush through the tutorial and forget the rules, then the game probably won't be as fun.

3. Spatzi

Spatzi Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Does anyone know how to remove lands from your deck? I try to cutomize but it only shows you every other card in the deck.

4. afyzendo

afyzendo Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yes, they use a fixed formula for the number of lands. No customizing there as far as I know.

5. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I want to know how to do that too. :confused:

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    :mad::eek:
    I have no words for this.. Maybe you should find something else to do.

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Then why post?

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Can't wait to try this. Been about 16 years since I last touched magic cards. o_O

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Never really played Magic but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this as it looks like my type of game (endless strategy). Just to confirm...if I get the $10iap, I wont have to worry about getting the other iap's as they will be unlocked through gameplay correct?

10. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Yeah, there's no way to remove lands from your deck. It automatically adds them if you add more cards, but at 60 cards you'll have 24 (and unless something has seriously changed in the way this game is played since I was in high school, you pretty much never want your deck to have more than 60 cards)

Yes, the $10 is the full-game unlock, other IAPs are cosmetic (foil versions of cards???) or early access to decks that you can otherwise unlock through gameplay.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks. I'll be getting the $10iap then. I could care less about the cosmetic iaps. Looking forward to getting lost in this as I did with Ascension. :)

12. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
  13. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Loaded the app this morning, and it's like my save game disappeared from last night. In campaign mode, I'm back to the first duel, zero cards unlocked.

14. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I'm really not a fan of the way Lands are handled, if it's done automatically. Particularly with a multi-colour deck -- part of the fun is tweaking your deck's card-land balance through trial-error. I definitely used to run low-land decks in highschool, relying on alternate mana sources, or running decks with low mana requirements .. bah.

15. g3p3nk

g3p3nk Member

Jun 20, 2012
    hi,

if you buy the $10 IAP, you still HAVE to unlock the deck..
    suppose i have unlocked some (/all) of them, do i have them unlocked automatically on my other device?

if any of you are familiar with "kard combat" you can buy and unlock more cards through gameplay, but there was no cloud sync, so you still have to unlock them again on other device..

any words on this?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    They touted that you'll be able to tap your own lands with this, at least in the PC version. I'll bet it's a preference option as auto-tapping is the best way to go for the noobs to the game franchise.

17. Spatzi

Spatzi Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Too bad there is no land customization. I noticed that when i click the continue button, i often have one of my hand cards pop up full size. Bit irritating when it happens all the time. Why does this happen? They are not even cards that i could cast.

So you can never attack someone's creature directly with your own creature unless you have a card that lets you?

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think you might be in luck here! I say this because I found out this morning it is CLEARLY tied to your GC login. I started up the app this morning and at first appeared like all of my progress was lost UNTIL my GC login kicked in and, wallah, there it all was right where I left off. While nice in some respects, since logging into GC seems to take ages these days (trying to just pop in to play a few turns of Ascension means some 2-4 minutes of waiting just to login), it will likely mean annoying start times every time you start up the app or even bring it back up from the quicklaunch toolbar.

19. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I was more concerned with the auto-add of lands to your deck. You can't customize how many lands you want to have added -- that was what the previous poster was saying. That's annoying.

I suppose when you can't really build brand new decks, it's not that much of an issue.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That has always been how Magic works. Unless otherwise stated the defender can choose which of his creature blocks your attacking creatures if he decides to even block them at all.