Universal Magenta Arcade (by Lucas Mattos)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I played the first three levels and I had no problem at all. Playing on iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.1.2.

2. MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I have what sounds like exactly the same problem. Mine is iPhone 6 and 128gb, on 8.2.

When I try to start the game the loading screen shows a pixelate graphic of a guy. He fills up and immediately there is an error message in black color and red border and it mentions
    something like Error: Level setup problem(or error). It says that I could send an error report by either pressing Send or Cancel. I pressed Send many times. After the error window is closed I see the five languages selection.. I can press on any of the language buttons. They flash but nothing happens.

Have restarted the phone with at least couple minutes rest time. Restarted the game also. Same error happens. :(

3. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Reinstalling the game seems to have worked for me.

4. MonkeyChunks

Oct 27, 2012
    I have just reinstalled. Same error happens.
    I forgot to mention, my phone is also not nodded and not jail broken or anything. All updates in place and restart done.

5. MonkeyChunks

Oct 27, 2012
    Could the developer please comment. This seems like an issue that people besides me are experiencing.

6. MonkeyChunks

Oct 27, 2012
    #46 MonkeyChunks, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Help please? Cannot launch the game past the language selection due to error message. Tried all options mentioned in other posts.

Edit: actually even thought I didn't see improvement at first attempt after restart, I just tried to run the game again without another restart and it simply started. No idea how.

PS: this is a really awesome game. I absolutely love the concept and presentation.

7. Lucas Mattos

Lucas Mattos New Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game developer
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    #47 Lucas Mattos, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Hi! Developer here,

First of all, sorry for the late reply, and I'm really sorry some of you might be facing this annoying error message, but I'm glad that I could find you here, and that you were able to work around it already. :eek:

Even though you are already able to play the game, I feel like giving you a feedback about the problem, and it might be useful for future users. The fact is that we have being receiving your error logs (Yep! that "send" button is not useless after all) and they all show the same problem.

What happens is that when the game launches for the first time it prepares a file to save data in your device (levels you completed, local high scores and options). This file is loaded every time you start the game, and updated as you get new high scores/change options/unlock levels. If you have not enough space to save the file for the first time, you will see this error message.

Now it looks like there is an unsolved bug in Adobe Air for iOS, which we used to develop Magenta Arcade, that might cause failure when saving the file even when you do have enough space. As we found out, this bug doesn't happen always, or in specific devices, and it is usually related to being "short in space" instead of not having enough space. All it means is that the system could not store that file.

:) Fortunately you won't face the problem again once the file has been generated for the first time, and as we've noticed, everyone was able to work around and play the game after:
    -> trying to launch the game again some more times,
    -> clearing out some memory/cache
    -> restarting the device or
    -> reinstalling the app.

:mad: Unfortunately, all we can do in our coding side, is to create a more useful error message and wait for an update from Adobe that fixes that bug (and hopefully doesn't create others).

We really really hope it won't take much effort for you to play the game, or take away from you the pleasure of playing it, which is our main purpose as developers. And again we would like to let you know how good is to hear that you enjoyed Magenta Arcade :D

Let us know if you have anything else in mind, we might not check the forums every day, but you contact us directly through longhathouse.com/contact, facebook or twitter.