iPad Mage Story

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 29, 2009.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    2.99 - 33mb - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319063720&mt=8

Anyone wanna TOFTT?

As a wizard spending all of your life on teaching in magic school, you are on your way home. When you are taking a rest in a village, you hear about story on nearby crystal cave. Then, the chief of village gave an old book to you..

Unprecedented DIABLO style action RPG enjoyable through iPhone and iPod touch.
    Together with beautiful ground environment, realistic and brilliant graphic, and magnificent orchestration background music.
    The suffocating magic war with hundreds of monsters get started in crystal dungeon.
    Touch style based emotional and intuitive operation would enhance the thrill on the adventures.
    Mutually supportive magic system enables to drive various battle methodology.
    You can experience the core value of network play when you collaborate with your friends in the adventure of forest and cave.

FEATURES

Maximum of 4 people playable by leveraging WIFI
    - port set up possible
    - network chat possible
    Ubiquitous play based on Quick Play system
    Move to the touched spot, double touch for magic / item usage
    Drag & drop item transition and integration possible
    Artistic and high quality animation and magical effect
    Level design to ensure the speedy game management
    Magnificent orchestration back ground music

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    wow, that looks awesome, but how gonna have to hear how it plays

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'm really liking that 4 player through wifi and chat. It sounds good... a little TOO good...

4. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    my feelings exactly... I'm a bit skeptical

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #5 theone1007, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    4 player WiFi? Voice chat?

This looks almost like Underworlds, which is a good thing. Hope the dev pops in here and tells us some stuff about this. Their website and support links in the iTunes store lead to absolutely no where. It's just some Korean domain website that says that verypixel.com has been registered on May 13, 2009.

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Doubt that will happen. They don't have a working website. Very odd. Nothing on the internet about this game.

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'm not sure about voice, it might mean text based chat to help us work out strategies since there is supportive magic there to help the team out

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hmmm, the seller is BYOO SOO KANG, yet the english in the description is perfect. Fine, I'll TOFTT.

9. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    please get back here once you play it a bit... i mean HURRY!

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ok, first impressions. I'll write a full-fledged review later on.

The premise is simple. The land has been taken over by monsters when the wizards could no longer fend them back. You're one of the last, and it's your job to make sure the monsters don't take over the world next.

You're the stereotype of a wizard, er, mage. You have the robe, the hat, staff, even a crooked back. This ain't Harry Potter. You move by tapping where you want to go. You double tap in the direction you want to send an attack. Moving and attacking is a little messy right now, but with time, I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it.

Graphics, while not spectacular, are pretty darn good. The animations, movement, and backgrounds are of course cut-back a bit so that the file size isn't huge and so that everything runs smoothly, but I don't mind looking at this at all. The static electricity attack (first ability you get) and leveling up looks great.

As you shoot down baddies, they drop items that are placed in the inventory at the bottom. Tap them to pick them up. Experience, level, gold, and health are at the top.

Something different from RPGs that I just not noticed is that instead of having mana and an ability, you have a book that has a number of uses. I'm guessing you buy the books, maybe some from bosses but I haven't played that much yet.

All in all, I don't regret the purchase yet. For only $3, it seems pretty well made.

11. Closter

Closter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    #11 Closter, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Graphics and gameplay is nice (better than underworld), but the English used is awkward.:p
    A 4 static shock out 5?

12. Closter

Closter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    ahh..shit i just died

13. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    thanks, any other info would be great (such as, are there any gear to find? quests/subquests? are the levels randomly generated?)

14. LordGek

LordGek Moderator

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, what you asked! :)

15. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    There are voice chat APIs in the new 3.0. So games can have voice chat if they use it just like that Adrenaline Pool 2 game.

@Kamazar have you tried WiFi or no?

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I just meant that if it was voice chat I would think that they would make it a point to say some. Though the english in the description was a bit off so maybe that was what the dev was trying to say.

I'd love voice chat but I'm keeping my expectations low

17. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Oh I see what you mean... Kamazar's impressions sounds like the game is ok. Need BA to get over here and review this haha, kinda joking.

18. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WOW! I've been dying for an update for Underworlds...now this comes along and looks INCREDIBLE judging by the screenies. I want to buy it so bad it makes my teeth itch!!!! Gotta...wait....for.....reviews......where's....Biggie?????

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'm starting to think he needs a pager for us to beep him when a game like this appears

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Your review sounds a little pessimistic. I mean what wizard isn't "stereotypical"? But anyway, I thought the graphics and animations were pretty good.

I haven't played enough to give a review. Maybe later.