Mage Gauntlet - from Rocketcat Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oh well another week to go but its all good. Cant wait to get this, seems to me a great Diablo/Gauntlet type 'RPG'. Instant purchase for me

2. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I don't think I've been this upset at Apple before regarding getting an app out. Get the damn thing out Apple, what's the hold up!

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    *sigh*

Not out today. Will it come in 1 week then? Or directly after approval?

*looks at his backlog of games and is torn of being sad / cheerful*

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    +1!!

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Kepa has said if it gets approved by today that he might release it friday, otherwise it will be next wednesday(if it is approved in time obviously). Kepa wants to give enough time for websites to review it before release.

6. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    This is the biggest dissapointment this week. I was really hoping for a release and now it seems that it´s taking longer.

I don´t get Apple sometimes, other titles get approved so fast and others are being held back.

Well, one can hope for a release on friday, but I won´t get my hopes up that much.

7. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sadly, I'd have to agree with you-- I thought I was doing well keeping my anticipation at bay for this Wednesday/Thursday; now I'm going to have to dig deep to break through the despair at having to wait yet another week.

Still, I feel most sorry for Kepa and the good people at rocketcatgames; they must be ropable at Apple's tardiness this week!

8. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Well now this game won't be overshadowed by something like Scribblenauts.

Which I would see as a benefit, financially.

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'm looking forward to the "EMAIL CAMPAIGN OF SHAME" I'm going to have to do. Will need to re-contact a lot of iOS gaming press sites, because we expected the game to be out like 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it doesn't hurt us too much.

Most of this was due to catching crash bugs and having to hold off on submitting. More recently, we've been having difficulty with the approval process. Really little things that haven't required us to change anything or take the app down, but require us to send a brief explanation to Apple. Each time this happens it pushes back the release date by a couple of days, so I haven't even bothered to talk about it.

Lesson learned I guess. This is our most complex game so far, from previous games we expected a delay to maybe cost us a week. Next time, we'll hold off on press stuff (except for a preview or two) until it's already approved.

10. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggles Kepa, but I think we're all pulling for you and will be buying the game as soon as it has been approved and is ready. Its all good (so to speak).

This is the *only* game I'm currently waiting for release on iOS so, well, no pressure... ;)

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it soon.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    @Arta: Yeah it's ingame music. From the demon chapter, specifically. I'm going to post slightly new footage of the above later today. Just been taking my time due to the delays.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That's awesome!

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Kepa that footage looks freakin amazing... I'm really psyched about this game.. Instabuy all the way and I'm gonna push this game hard, along with the rest of our staff on my forum! Did I read maybe fri?!

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Since he didn't tell us yesterday that it was approved, I'm pretty sure the likely release date is the 20th.

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It's still in the approval process, it's having a rough ride. 20th or maybe even the 21st, as long as it's actually approved soon.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Argggg. Stop the torture! ;) Man.. this delay has gotten me more and more anxious. Apple..please hurry up already! lol. =D

Yeah..maybe with the iOS5 & Lion update has tied up a lot of the Apple employees.

18. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    More likely is that the approval "committee" (whatever they're called) at Apple is replaying the game for the fifth time under the pretense that they're "still assessing the suitability of the age rating" or something like that ;)

19. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The music in that video is great, I really didn't think I could be more excited for Mage Gauntlets release but somehow I am now. :D

20. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    APPROVED
    10/20
    tell ur friendz

Working on various press stuff, will be busy sending emails late tonight and tomorrow.