Mage Gauntlet - from Rocketcat Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilchMann

MilchMann Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    @ Kepa ; Thanks for your clear answer :) Well, I hope google solves these problems ( What you mentioned and paying with credit card only :/ ) in the near future. Anyway, keep up the good work, loved the hook games !

2. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    E.D.

There's a little iPad support, but we didn't get very deep into it. We don't have iPads ourselves, so the things we missed will have to be an update thing. Not planning a separate iPad version or anything.

@Milch: Oh, I forgot about the credit card problems. Short list of other problems I have with Android, without getting too long:

- Different devices and screen sizes. Similar complexities to PC, except PC is worth it.
    - Terrible discoverability due to fragmented stores.
    - Perception that Google won't defend their app developers from predatory corporations.
    - Rife with game bootleggers (literally ripping your art assets, repackaging your game)
    - There's a lot of Android users, but a rather tiny percentage seems like they'd actually pay for games.
    - Ad revenue doesn't really count unless you have a massive user base and possibly sell merchandise on the side.
    - Android porting seems about as difficult as PC porting, and if I was to pick one or the other...

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    To be honest, I haven't really even looked into Mac porting. We probably should.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I'm more excited about Mage Guantlet releasing than the iPhone 4S. I don't have to have the latest ,greatest idevice every year. I just have to have the latest, greatest RocketCat game. :D

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    That is one of the many reasons I LOVE rocketcatgames, their apps run on older devices.

6. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Is Mage Gauntlet coming out this week?

Thanks.

7. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Crex, backtothis, and I would buy them. That's at least three customers you'd have for a Mac version. ;)

8. hunterkorvis

hunterkorvis New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    this is the most anxious i've ever been for an ios game

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Nope, but next week is extremely likely. I hate saying that, though, because I feel like I'm jinxing it. We had so many delays, at this point.

I hope that people like the game, it's getting pretty hyped. And that can be a double edged sword. We took some risks in parts of the design, so I'm really wondering how people will react to it when they actually get to play it.

I think I'll have a lot of questions to ask people about the above, once the game is actually out. "Did you like what we did, or would you rather us try out this other thing" sorts of questions. I'm also kind of itching to do a real Zelda clone, but with some sort of bizarre twist.

10. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I can't wait for MG, just saying.:D And a Zelda on steroids would be awesome!

LOL woot three customers. I'm getting a mac soon so add me:D

11. Guardian Of Asgaard

Guardian Of Asgaard Active Member

Mar 2, 2011
    England
    Will the launch of iOS 5.0 affect the launch of MG at all?

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I was discussing that early today. Answer: We hope not.

13. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    any chance of a release before next wednesday? and price could u release that yet? anticipation is immense ;)

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    $2.99 normal price, and there will be a one-time-only sale on release day for $1.99. No chance of a release before next Wednesday.

15. Cbswe

Cbswe New Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I registered here just to tell you that your games really are among the best there is on the iOS!

Also: iPad support for the hook series would be just awesome. Some scaling so that the buttons are small enough would be sufficient for just as good of an experience only with a bigger display :)

16. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So is this finally coming Wednesday night?

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Assuming you meant Thursday.

I hope so, but I'm getting steadily more nervous about that date. No confirmation yet. If we're not approved by Tuesday, then we'll probably have to delay it till the 20th, so that reviewers have time to play it before it's out. If it's approved on Wednesday, I'd consider releasing it on Friday, though.

18. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    If this also comes this week, I feel I have to leave my job for 2-3 days :D

19. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    same, i used to do reviews and i think i might just have to do a review on this game.... because this looks amazing...... this and SCB when it comes out xD boy havent been on the ipod scene in a while.. i missed my itouch.

20. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    I bow down to the gods of Apple and pray that Mage Gauntlet will be released this week!