Mage Gauntlet - from Rocketcat Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Please let this be approved by Thursday.

Well, whatever week it comes out, I know it'll be game of the week. Seriously, what other games are coming out in the next two weeks that are going to be this good? I've been slightly detached from TA since school started, but I can't think of any.

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Warm Gun, The Dark Meadow, NBA 2k12, Super Crate Box, Bring Me Sandwiches.

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    There are a bunch of awesome games coming out this month. Mage Gauntlet is definitely one of them!

4. Ashflow

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Yeah... I probably should have said something about personal preferences and whatnot. :eek:

I'm getting off topic here, but for those games: don't care about, don't know what that is yet, not my kind of game, thought that was delayed, and didn't know that was coming out so soon. lol. Kinda funny how they're all different :p

(No offense to people that're looking forward to those games I just put down. As I said: personal preferences.)

5. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Well...looks like you got a boring month ahead of you then. Apart from Mage Gauntlet of course:D

Have you seen Junk Jack?

6. Ashflow

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Yeah, I'm picky. :)
    A little.. it's kind of like 2d minecraft, right?

For some on-topicness, I'm going to say that... umm.. I can't do it right now; too tired. Someone else please rerail the thread.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Mage Gauntlet will rule!!!!!!!

(Consider the thread rerailed.)

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Can't wait!

9. Avarid

Avarid Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Any idea if Mage Gauntlet will work on a 2nd generation iTouch? I know my device is an older one (time to upgrade), but I hope RocketCat will give folks like me a chance to enjoy this great game!

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    So is this game coming this wednesday? Devs, how is going with submission with apple?

11. Haldear

Haldear Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    UK
    I'm sure Kepa said earlier in the thread that it would, as he uses a 2nd gen iPod to test.

P.S. you can tell Mage Gauntlet has got me excited as it is the first game in a long time that has got me checking touch arcade everyday for news :)

12. Guardian Of Asgaard

Guardian Of Asgaard Active Member

Mar 2, 2011
    England
    Word is it's almost certainly coming out on Oct 13th.

13. MilchMann

MilchMann Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Little question KEPA ; Is there a chance we can see this game on android ? I would love to play your next game, however, my itouch is destroyed :D

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    No chance, at least right now. Before we just kind of delayed Android ports because it wasn't nearly as profitable as iOS, or PC, or most other platforms we looked into. Now we're avoiding it completely, due to a slew of weird problems with the platform. Getting into the details would turn into an essay.

We'll be working on a PC version of Mage Gauntlet, though. We plan to start porting right after our next game (CODENAMED: ED). It would be great if we could start doing PC + iPad + iPhone launches for all of our future games.

PC: Much greater exposure for complex or niche games.
    iPad: Dedicated iPad version, taking full advantage of the larger screen and processor.
    iPhone/iPod: Portability, playing it on the toilet.

Some of the most successful games I can think of go this route, or at least iPad first, then iPhone a little after. Not sure why going from the big devices to small devices works, it just seems to work really well. Maybe something to do with how you get press coverage with each port?

15. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I for one would welcome such an essay. I've read here and there about the Android app ecosystem, but it's still largely a perplexing mystery to me.

16. ibebyi

ibebyi Member

Aug 31, 2011
    IT Admin
    Sunny San Diego
    Jeez I love how straightforward and honest you are with your posts. Definitely refreshing amidst some shadier devs I've come across and a surefire sign you guys respect your customers.

I enjoyed Super Quickhook immensely!

Now, with that crap aside I gotta say I'm dying in anticipation! ;)

17. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Yes, I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the Quick hook games myself (yeah, I know) but I have been extremely impressed with the developer updates Kepa has been providing for Mage Gauntlet. They definitely don't think their customers are dumb and we're not talked "down to" like I've experienced with certain other devs. As you said it is refreshing.

18. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Mac? :)

19. Ashflow

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    ED as in the name Ed, or ED as in an acronym?
    Not that it really matters, as it could mean anything either way...

20. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Is it going to be UNIVERSAL?