GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    There's probably a bug that requires you to smash the jars in the bunker levels to actually get that achievement.

2. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    I never picked this game up yet. I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm gonna go download it now. Kinda dissapointed in the new game releases today so looks like Mage Gauntlet will keep me busy this Christmas :)

3. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Okay I gotta know something. Somebody has to have noticed this. when you hit an enemy it makes a sound and the enemy freezes and glows for just a second. Where is this from? It's so familiar. Something from the NES days I'm pretty sure I just can't finger it. The sound is nostalgic for me. Love it

4. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    IAP purchases: the best equipment?

As I'm a noob I just wonder if IAP purchases are the best equipment for every single level. I mean: should I have to dress/undress IAP equipment to have benefits?

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We made the sound, and tried to make it evocative of "Legend of Zelda: OOT" hit sounds.

You can really get away with using any equipment in any level. If you already bought the IAP stuff you can just keep it on all the time if you want. Though, you may want to check out the other equipment you unlock anyway, just in case there's something you end up liking more.

Generally I avoided doing "YOU MUST USE THIS ITEM IN THIS LEVEL" stuff, and tried to most equipment balanced with each other. So just use whatever you like the best.

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #1466 Agas, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [size=+2]Mage Gauntlet[/size]
    along with
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

are the candidates for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcader's Pick for Game of The Year[/size]

Do you think this game deserves to be the ultimate winner?

[thread=112564]VOTE HERE[/thread]

note: poll opens until 31/12/2011

7. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

How do you transfer your progress from the iPhone version to the iPad version?

8. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    iTunes file sharing, you can transfer the save.dat from your device to your computer to another device.

We ended up not doing iCloud because, looking at other games, it seems like adding iCloud late just deletes everyone's save. We'll be sure to do it next game, though. Just one of those things that should probably be done on release.

9. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    It's not quit like that ! (IBII and ZOMBIEVILLE2) had that problem on launch!!

10. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Does anyone happen to know where the last two secret achievements are?

11. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Does this game work on thr 2nd gen iPod touch.

12. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Yes, and it runs quite well, so what are you waiting for, go pick it up now!

13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Sir yes sir. Found this one under a friends bed after my 4th gen was stolen. Last 3 months sucked

14. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Last one is in master mode, forgot where.

Other one I could've sworn was in the bunker levels if not the levels before/after.

The locations are in this thread go to Kepa's page and click all posts and find the one he posted with the locations.

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The last two secret achievements are in Master Mode's first Bunker level and Story Mode's third Sealed Tower level. They're both around notes you have to read.

The master mode one isn't really possible to get unless you know exactly how to find it (not just what level it's in), and you learn how by following the clues scattered around the hidden books in that mode. If you keep following where the books tell you to go, it will tell you how to unlock the last secret in Bunker.

16. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Kepa I've been looking at some of the stuff you posted on Twitter about the new game, and it looks awesome.

17. KoRssO

KoRssO New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Lost my savegame :'(

Anyone has a savegame near the ending of the first map? Thanks

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I have 5 hats left to find before clocking every achievement and feeling satisfied. The one hat I'm having trouble with is between the Demon Horns and the Red Demon Mask--was wondering if this is found in Ashen Cult or Crypt.

I've played both a lot with Lucky Charm but still no luck. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

19. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The demonic Horns and Red Demon Mask are both found in Ashen Cult, so obviously the one in between them will be from there as well. Just think about what enemies from there you have killed, but aren't wearing their head yet. :p

20. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Kepa I know you've said you don't want to do iCloud support a few pages back, but are there any plans to add a cross-save functionality that doesn't require us to use iTunes? Like using Dropbox or something?

Thanks!