GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i love tactical warrior, but i dont see the connection here between the two. :confused:

on topic
    thanks kepa for the great update! you guys are great!!!

2. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Can't wait for the update!

3. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Finally farming hats won't be a chore! :D

4. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Any screens of this running on iPad?

5. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Is the crystal staff's crit a set % or is it affected by luck and magic?

6. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Killer, can't wait for this :)

7. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Ok is there a secret achievement in the first slime level? I've scanned the entire map but I've yet to find it :(

8. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

It's a set %, around 6%. Though the effect itself can crit, based on luck and magic and anything that boosts earth spike critical.

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    There's a note hidden in there, and a secret room with slimes in it... the Mage Gauntlet wikia should have a map of that level.

10. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Wow, that's an awesome update! :cool:
    Can you explain the save file transferring stuff though? What I'm understanding is that if we sync the game to our computer, and then sync to another device, the data will be transferred?

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah, or you can just use the file manager in iTunes. Copy the save.dat to your computer, then copy it to whatever device.

12. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Does keeping a skill point give a 5% bonus on both magic and phys crit? It seems like it's better to keep the last skill point instead of placing it in luck if that's the case.

13. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Hopefully I get my response for the college I applied to today!

Mage Gauntlet update + accepted into college = no sleep for next few days ;).

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    No, the 5% thing at the bottom is just telling you what your base crit % is. We can just remove that if it seems confusing.

15. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    KEPA I GOT INTO COLLEGE!!!

Time to Mage Gauntlet hardcoreeeeeeee!!!

16. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    That's nice!

...still waiting :)

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Approval generally takes around a week right now, is what I've been hearing.

18. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Although some do come out in a couple days (Infinity Blade II for example). So, hopefully, one more day?

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Haha, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. I'm willing to bet Infinity Blade II enjoys certain PERKS AND EXCEPTIONS when it comes to how fast their updates get approved. If I wanted to be optimistic about the Mage Gauntlet update, I'd say Thursday. But you never know.

20. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1340 eflin, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    Man this update (while awesome) set a real timer for me. I had been slowly playing the game on the train to work each day but kicked it into overdrive this past week. I still had all of MM to do and I wanted to try 3 starring the 3 hard levels prior to any nerfing. Man was that a fun time! Great job Kepa and team on this game!

For any looking to 3 star those 3 levels prior to update here are some tips:

First of all death duck is essential as you should be dashing and using your charge up move ALOT. It's much more important to keep moving than to do damage.

Second save your spells for the rooms you just can't handle.

Third I don't have any of the IAP (except the rocket fan pack since i bought this when it was released but I don't use anything it gave me anymore... only used the rocketcat until I got death duck) so these strats all dont use the feather or anything. Man that would have been nice though! Much better than the arcane heart I used :- )

Crypt 3: This one is all about crowd control. In the small rooms you just need to keep dashing around the perimeter (clockwise) and killing a few guys at the far ends of each room alternatingly. In the rooms where you can backtrack use that to your advantage. Primary targets are always the shade guys that spawn more zombies.... biggest threat is usually the zombie soldiers (with the swords). I used the crystal staff with arcane heart and battlemage armor on this one. The extra heart really helps and the crystal staff earth spike ability can be a life saver as it stuns the whole mob and you get some large mobs in this level.

Pinnacle 2: Man this one was the toughest by far. My setup was gamblers cut, with battlemage armor and arcane heart. The gamblers cut is what finally made me pass this as the 2 extra spells saved me. I passed this on my 3rd try with the gamblers cut after failing TONS of times with other builds. When I finally beat it i still had 3 hearts so you could probably sub the arcane heart out for something and just wait for that one good run... but I sitll like having the 4th heart personally. If I subbed for anything it'd probably be Mage's folly as there are a bunch of enemies you need to dash through their projectiles (red demons... blobs that shoot green fire... etc).

Anyway onto the level.. try to make it through the first two rooms unscathed without using a spell. The trick to the red drudge room is to dash around clockwise while they kill themselves then deal with the last 1 or 2 normally. For rooms with the blue blobs (not the mama ones... the fire shooting ones) you need to pull the group but then run away as far as you can so they clump together. Then just use the charge up move to stun the whole group and finish them before they recover. For double red demon room you want to get just barely in their range and then dodge the fireballs until one charges forward. Once it does retreat to the far side of the room and wait for him to charge forward again. Now the two are seperated and you can take them out one at a time without wasting a spell and probably without losing a heart. If you get unlucky and both dash at the same time it's probably best to burn a spell... For the room with 6 or so floating eyes... retreat to the previous rooms upper left corner. The eyes will all float to the upper right corner of their room. You can then move down until one of them comes in your rooom... retreat back to the upper left... and then take them out on at a time this way (dash charge into them through one of their shots is my preferred way). The few auto spell rooms for me where ones with bad combinations of guys (for example the one with the eyeballs and the mama slime). If there are any other individual rooms you're having trouble with let me know :- )

Pinnacle 3 = Same set up as pinnacle 2. I did this one on my first shot actually as I had 2 spells left over from my pinnacle 2 run... and with the two extra spells from gamblers cut I had more than enough spells to clear out the tougher rooms (triple green fire blob room... double dark blue demon room... etc). The big thing on this one is to go for the shades first and use your dash attack a lot. For the sorceresses just do the same thing you did for the blue blob in Pinnacle 2. Get them to follow you... run away and once they've grouped dash charge through them all and finish them off. I think this one is easier because there are less locking doors and in general you have more room to dash around and crowd control.

Sorry for the wall of text but I read through a big chunk of this thread this week to see what people did on the above levels and I didn't see many people employing the same strats as me so I wanted to share them.

Kepa I can't wait for the sequel! Thanks for the great game :- )