GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    The IAP robe increases the range of your dash attack, and the IAP trinket (Phoenix Feather) is a once-per-level resurrection that allows you to lose all 3 hearts one time without actually considering it a "death". It makes 3-starring levels much easier, and quite frankly is a bit cheap. Kepa has stated previously in the thread that he will not include this type of IAP to future games, since it's kind of like paying for a "cheat".

You should really consult the WIKIA on this game for further info, there is a shitload of stuff on there, including all the questions you've asked here.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I checked the Wiki and went through 30 or so pages of the thread but didn't see an answer to this so I'll ask the thread: Where is Battlemage Armor acquired?

Big thanks in advance for any info/advice.

3. Bamboo

Bamboo Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    IKR? I'm stuck on that level (or w/e) as well. But when your sorta in the middle of the forest you have a choice of going straight along, or up and right. But I don't know which path to pick.

4. Bamboo

Bamboo Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'm gonna check the wiki, ty Quazonk.

5. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Battlemage armor is found in one of the last boss battles in Master Mode, I can't remember which specific boss has it, but it's one of the last few.

If you want to just clear the level without exploring all areas and killing all enemies, the answer is up and right.

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Zealot Ring, in the next update, is turning into a phoenix feather alternate. It will resurrect you with 1.5 hearts, and give you a sword fury buff instead of exploding in a fireball. But yeah, never doing a permanent extra life IAP again, though it probably would have been fine if the phoenix death counted as a death. Can't really change it at this point, though.

Silence and Time Circle is merged in this next update. I've been playing with it, and it's really nice now.

Also, a lot of the really long levels in Story Mode are getting shortened. By about 6 enemy groups, on average. I'd make them shorter (they run on for too long), but there's a limit to what I can do without completely remaking those levels. Also considering looking at a few problem levels in Master Mode... Crypt3 and End2 possibly.

7. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    I wouldn't nerf any MM levels at the same time you get rid of the problem spells... it seems a bit overkill to me. Maybe you should wait to see how the new spell changes work with everyone before making MM levels easier.

Pinnacle 2(/3) is definitely extremely challenging to 3 star w/o the Phoenix Feather in the game's current state, but Crypt 3 is not. With the spell changes, it should be even easier.

Just my view.

8. O-Man123

O-Man123 New Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Can someone tell me how to "level cleared" (kill and find all enemies) in Orc forest 3 PLEASE!!!!! Or post a picture if the map or something!

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    http://magegauntlet.wikia.com/wiki/Completed_Maps

The wiki's pretty good already, just needs a better main page. Maybe it should have some direct links to the most requested sections?

10. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Sooo a couple of questions.

1. What does ghost do? It says + 2 stealth but I haven't noticed anything. Joke pet?

2. On two occasions this weird little creature pops out when I hit something open and I have no idea what to do with it. I just smack it around with my sword and it eventually explodes in rainbow dust. Does something happen when I hit it with a spell of some sort? Seeing how it changed it color periodically I assume if we hit it with a spell of the same color something will happen.

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    1. It lets you get closer to enemies before they notice you, but this effect turned out to be too weak and subtle to really notice.

2. He becomes a pet after five occasions. He's not a very good pet.

I'm giving Master Mode levels a brief pass, but I'm not really changing them much compared to Story Mode unless there's a big problem with one. If there's any Master Mode levels that you think I should look at, let me know. I know Crypt 3 gets requested a lot for changes, but that's mostly along the lines of just removing the doors that close behind you.

12. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    So far, Mage Gauntlet is better than the games it pays homage to. That's the best part about iOS gaming. You've got all these programmers living out their nostalgia, and it's 100% win for me.

13. SilverCircleCircus

SilverCircleCircus Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    #1293 SilverCircleCircus, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    I have been stuck on MM pinnacle 2 for over a week now, tried all sorts of different recommended sword/relic combos. I hate that it takes nerfing for me to beat these levels but that's the one that's been a killin me.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've read all of the journal entries but still no sleuth achievement. Where am I missing?

Kepa, when y'all makin that turn based RPG? I wish we could just clone you so we could have dozens of new rocketcat games monthly

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    What do you think would help with MM pinnacle 2? I'm looking into Master Mode today. I'm thinking of just removing the backtrack-blocking doors. That would make it so you could lure enemies out of the rooms.

You're probably missing like one note. We're adding in an ALL NOTES FOUND indicator in the update.

I duno. We'd need a second programmer to do the turn based RPG stuff. So whenever we get that, I guess.

15. SilverCircleCircus

SilverCircleCircus Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    #1295 SilverCircleCircus, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    Having the doors stay open would probably help quite a bit, the red drudges seem to at least take one to two of my hearts regardless, and the momma slimes wreck my world. I'm typically using the Phoenix feather and hungry blade. Maybe just the backtracking doors are the prob. I was stuck on pinnacle story mode till u altered it too.

Also, that dwarven door I saw on a post here, Is that an achievement secret? Cuz I don't remember seeing it

16. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    No need to remove doors. Refer to my pm earlier. Add 2 health potions and it should be passable by a larger audience. I will show pictures for where you should place them.

Also note that by changing the spells you need to see the outcome of that before changing anything else.

Crypt 3 just remove all doors. Don't touch pinnacles doors though as that's the whole idea behind pinnacle imo. Ruins the "last level difficulty" 10 fold if you remove them.

17. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    It's tough for us to give advice on which levels to drop the difficulty on, because you and I have already beat the dogshit out of this game. If I had my way, for example, I'd like each level to actually be longer and more difficult, so I would have more incentive to go back and play the game again and again. I'm definitely not looking forward to this level-shortening/spell adding update, because I'll be able to absolutely breeze through the game afterward. It's hard to keep the casual gamer and the difficulty they have with the game in mind from our perspective, because we've already put the game through the wringer time and time again. I only vaguely remember dying again and again in Orc Forest 3 and nearly smashing my iPhone to pieces, because now when I play it I blitz right through it. I guess it's time to let the casual players who won't dump two work-weeks worth of time into the game have a go at it now ;P

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Do screenshots of where to put the 2 health urns. Post them here instead of PM, I hate fiddling with PMs really.

19. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ahh. Finally 3-starred it all. Thanks so much Rocketcat guys for making such an incredible game. Now to go farm hats and wait for the update to get all the achievements. :) I'll be eagerly awaiting all your new games.

P.S. If anyone needs help or tips with 3-starring harder levels, I'm happy to chip in my 2 cents.

Also, is there a place to theorize with other members about what's going to happen in the sequel? :)

20. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I found six areas where you can add health or spell urns to aleviate the pain of the level. I will also point out the two I think are most important.

Will edit with screen shots when I get home.