GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

My son is enjoying this game so much that it has kept him from playing Pocket God, and that is pretty amazing.

When He first played it and realized this was from the "Hook" game developers, he just refuses to play anything else.

I did have a question though, would it be possible to have more than one profile within the game?

I know it uses Game Center and Open Feint for achievements but would be nice for those who share a device to have separate profiles, for progress within the game.

I only make the request because I may want to give this game a try after all the great things posted here and the fun my son has had playing.

David

2. abattle

abattle Member

Nov 7, 2011
    looks very nice, china people model style ? :D

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I don't know if that would be possible at this point, or even that necessary since if you pick an old level, you replay it as if you've never gone through it before. Could do it for the sequel if there's demand for it, where it would be more necessary due to added permanence. Just need to figure out a slick way to do it, that doesn't involve having to click through an extra menu each time you want to play if you're the only person playing.

4. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Kepa.

It was just something I thought of and was wondering about.

David

5. SilverCircleCircus

SilverCircleCircus Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Havin a heck of a time gettin the Golem King hat, I've probly smashed him 20 times today in master mode. It does give a hat right?

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It should. We're making the lucky charm trinket make hat drops 5x more common, in the update. If you can wait.

7. SilverCircleCircus

Jul 27, 2010
    Well I'm gonna keep grinding at it, that bucket of bolts is fun to beat up on.
    A couple other questions I have.

How many hats are in Whitebeards tower? I just have 2 (ink mask and ink dome) are there more?

And where's the last secret on story mode? I have heart of the faceless, is the last one in the sealed tower or pinnacle?

thanks. Best game I've ever played.... Well since hook worlds

8. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    There are also Inky Shades, which I believe are dropped by the large miniboss inkwraiths.

The last story mode secret is in Sealed Tower, but it's a bit unusual in that it has no unique art like the others. It's also bugged at the moment, but that's being fixed in the update.

9. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    #1169 Ashflow, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Hats are based on who you kill, not where you kill them. There are three wraith hats.

There aren't any Pinnacle secrets, so the last one is in the Sealed Tower.

Edit: What WooHooII said :p

10. SilverCircleCircus

Jul 27, 2010
    The last story mode secret is in Sealed Tower, but it's a bit unusual in that it has no unique art like the others. It's also bugged at the moment, but that's being fixed in the update.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool thx. So then theoretically I may have already found the last secret and it's just not registering. Is the shadow sleuth achievement bugged?

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hey guys, little strategy help needed. On Master Mode Tower Pinnacle 3 (Right before Hurgoth), what are your guys' best gear loadouts/strategies? I can't seem to 3-star it (I'm currently using the all-IAP loadout).

I've got 3 stars everywhere except here, I can't get stuck now!!

12. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #1172 Quazonk, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Double Gnomey (+Rocketcat) FTW!

[​IMG]

13. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    What setup did you guys use to finish the Tower Pinnacle levels in master mode? Can't even manage to finish the level, lol.

14. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

I think I used Hungry Sword/Arcane Heart to beat 1 and 2 and Glowing Sword/Old Pendant to beat 3. Master Mode Tower Pinnacle 2 and 3 are the only two levels I don't have three stars in and I'm just about ready to call it quits.

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I don't think I'll be tweaking master mode with this upcoming update, though I'll be buffing certain loot items and making the buffs better so you never get a disappointing spell (merging silence and time circle, buffing sword fury, removing shield and lucky from the rotation). Hopefully that will help some.

I could maybe take a look at master pinnacle, since off the top my head it's a really long chapter compared to the rest of master mode. But in general, I don't think I'll be tweaking master mode.

16. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Look at pinnacle keep rest the same just ad few more spells to pinnacle and it will be doable by a larger amount of people. Not health just spells.

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Seems reasonable.

IDEA that I'm probably going to do: Change Zealot Ring so it's like a slightly weaker Phoenix Feather. If you die with it equipped, you'll come back up with 2 hearts and a Sword Fury buff applied to you.

18. justbanter

justbanter Member

Nov 11, 2009
    #1178 justbanter, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    @nfong

I used Heavy Cleaver, Battlemage Armor, Phoenix Feather and the Chicken pet. I 2-starred the first two levels and 3-starred the third.

19. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

Hmm, personally I don't know if those will help with MM Pinnacle 2 and 3, but I'd be glad to give them some extra runs once the update hits. Maybe the combined Time Circle/Silence with the Glowing Sword/Old Pendant combo would do it. Actually, I only completed Pinnacle 3 by getting both of those individually and getting lucky that I was able to keep them running for over half the level. You really need to make an almost perfect run through over twenty rooms of the toughest monsters for each of those, they're pretty taxing levels.

Of course, this is all without the Phoenix Feather. I could probably grab that and finish the levels off with three stars pretty easily. Also, I'm not really calling for any changes if you don't want to make them. They're the only levels I couldn't three star, but I'm sure others have, so props to them.

20. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Why not use Death Duck, does same thing as chicken but way better.