Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.
No.3 is already present
You can read the full descriptions if you compare your achievements to a friend's in GC.
By the way, great game. I just completed the first chapter and I took so long because I just had to smash everything I see.
- I liked the music... I find that some people dislike one of the composers and like the other (two different composers for this game). Haven't run into anyone yet that dislikes ALL the music, but you never know.
- The no diagonal dashing thing was actually something I was going to change, but it got delayed so far back that we really couldn't mess with it. Can try it out before the next update, maybe? I however stand behind no diagonal charge-attacking.
- Yyyeaaah... I dunno. I didn't want to put another button onscreen, and tried to design the levels so you didn't need a constant map. We'll have to make one for the next game anyway, though, so I'll think about it.
New England Gamer: Haha, that's really weird. I'm not sure if we can even fix that, to be honest.
Just bought this! Can't wait to start playing. Looks awesome, I haven't looked forward to an iOS game this much, ever.
I hope not. I like the lack of junk on screen. For a while I was convinced of the need for the map button to be always on screen and available on one touch but now I like that its out of the way.
I'm more inclined to try and find hidden walkways all the time than open the map and just look for the revealed, but unvisited area.
Just bought based on the replies here. Will try it out in a bit.
My one request: that song in the YouTube trailer, PLEASE!
I've made it into my ringtone but it's not the clearest I can make it to be.
Best achievement ever: No rupees here!
do i have any incentive to break stuff like the tents and barrels? there's never anything inside...
Like I said, no worries, next time through I just stayed away from that corner!
Talking to musicians about having them release their songs on bandcamp or something.
No, it's just a massive, game-long joke. Unless you're really into achievements, then pretty much every object type has something associated with it.
Haha, ok. Still am early on, so not too deep into level design. If levels are elegantly designed to the point that progressing 'makes sense'. I'll be cool ;P
This! I downloaded the hook champ update right before this!
And when I come across more money (I want my late night taco!) ill get the IAP.
At what point does the IAP become available to purchase? I just started and the Black Market option is grayed out.
Requires a connection to access, I believe.
What is the idea behind getting stars per level? Or, rather what determines getting 1, 2 or 3 stars.
1 star, syntheticvoid? Explain yourself...
Just finished the first boss in the garden. Thoughts so far:
- Music is very fun and works for the game
- Magic is a blast and really rewarding to use
- The combat is so Secret of Mana it's scary. I love it!
- Graphically, this is genius. Just perfect.
- Levels feel about the right length with nice little secrets hidden about.
- I have yet to use the mini-map simply because it is in a very inconvenient place. I know it's just in the menu, but it really kills the tempo to have to pause, open map, orient myself, continue, etc. A little map icon that opens the mini-map immediately would be great.
- Given that magic in the garden level felt a bit scarce, I feel that increasing the stats that help with magic may be trivial? I can't judge too much yet having not gotten further in, but just one level down, I am wondering this to myself...
- Is there a level cap?
- What do the stars mean under the level symbol when selecting a stage to play?
That's about all I've got right now. Hands down, the best $2 purchase I've made on my iPad in a LONG time. Looking forward to enjoying more of this!
Found Kepa's answer to this a bunch of pages back:
i recently renewed my interest in hook worlds, and it also got me looking forward to this game. instant buy!
I would also like to now why.