Universal Madrobot - Old School Pixelart Shmup by Netox

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by netox, Mar 5, 2016.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    But isn't this part of the bullet hell craziness? :p I don't know, I usually hate bullet hell, because my brain can't follow everything that's going on screen, but I didn't struggle that much with this game.

And I really like your idea of recovering body parts. I'm just not so sure about dodging enemy fire with the full robot on screen, maybe the hit box should be restricted to the robot's head.

2. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Qwertz555/hvianna - I confirmed this problem by viewing the video today by downloading the version of the appstore, still can not reproduce in debug mode, I am investigating to fix in next update.

LordShad0wz - Thanks again for the support!

hvianna - This problem with the internet connection is very serious, I'll check as soon as possible, certainly in the next game I will get beta tests here in the forum, sorry for the problem.

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I picked this up last night after seeing it buzzing on the hot list and so far I am not disappointed. A great shoot-em-up. Medium challenge right from the first boss. And it's free with a 1 dollar IAP to remove ads. For all the $5 games that have lead to disappointment, this game truly shines. Well worth your time and money. :)

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Just played for half hour or so, pretty cool take on shooters. Liked it enough to buy iap. Seems like the relative touch responsiveness could use a bit of massaging but all in all fun and satisfying. No regrets on this one. Good game ppl.

5. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    New update with the video ad fix is ready just waiting review from Apple!

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    To sum up: I like this more that that "H Space 2"

Okay here is the beef:

1. Odd relative touch control, never able to move the "head" to the bottom margin

2. I would like see the beam sweep a wider angle because the current state is not not very useful as in other bullet hell, you can focus on dodging for most of the time

3. My sidekicks rarely hit a thing for they do not stay in formation fast enough and they are too weak (I have upgraded them for 3 times)

4. Goodies box takes too long a time to change item

5. I am not sure but I mistake that only the "eye" is the hit box, but I find the whole head is.

6. No score history, no leader board

7. The "body" is cool when it first shows up. Then I find it blocks most of the view when I am busy dodging

8. The X goodies is mostly, useless. I would rather have a "bomb" which I can choose when to deliver it

9. I am seriously ask for the option to turn off that gorram "tutorial"! (better turn it off once the player has gone through it)

10. I have some issue with pacing, I feel one stage is a bit too long and Stage 1 always gives me a few seconds to stare at the "blank" screen which I have nothing to do. Stage 2 is better but most enemies are stationary!

7. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Have to agree with you on most counts. Especially the drones, relative touch, hit box is definitely the entire head and I think it should only be the eye.

8. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Thank you for the feedback! I am preparing some surprises for version 1.1, much of it will be there is based on messages I receive and the feedback from the players, it is very important to me.
    Some of the news that I can say here are:
    - Nightmare Mode for those who open the 12 stages
    - Integrated Scoreboard with Gamecenter
    - Touch sensitive adjustment
    - Tutorial skip option
    - Robot Head Hit Box
    - And much more

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    EXCELLENT!

Yes, I yelled for effect. Love your game my friend.

Billy

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Forgot to mention the version I played is the paid version. Thanks for listening!

(Any chance of adding MFi controller support?)

11. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    gamepad support added for 1.1 version list :)

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Beautiful, all sounds splendid. Can't wait.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Wow. Was taken by surprise by this one. Really fun shmup. Love the pixel graphics and fantastic explosions. And the unique shooting system using angles is pretty cool.

Didn't take any arm twisting to convince me to pay the all too low $.99 IAP for premium.

14. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've been playing this game quite a bit late night in bed and loving it, but I tried playing at work today without internet connection and the game starts but crash back to home screen. This is only happening when there is no internet connection. Just wanted to let yo know I'm using an iphone 5s on IOS 9.2.1 if that helps

15. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Sorry about this problem, will be fixed in the next release (1.0.1)

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Would audio options (where the music can be muted but sound effects kept) be possible? That'd be a great option to have, assuming it's not too hard to add.

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Cool I can't wait and I love your game :)

18. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    This can be easily implemented! :)

I fix all bugs and request a expedite review, I hope apple aprove my request.

Thanks all for all feedback, Come back here when the new version(1.0.1) is launched

19. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Thank apple to aprove my request! Version 1.0.1 with bug fix released! I hope you enjoy the game, i am working now in the next major update: new modes, gamecenter scoreboard, mfi support and much more!

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Sweet! This is awesome! You are a great dev.

Billy