iPhone Madness/Endless (by Anthony Romano)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

There have been more than a few times I’ve had the movement problem (finger slips off input area). But it seems like that might be difficult to do without triggering the slingshot. They’d probably have to make it so you have to make exaggerated swipes so it wouldn’t think you were trying to move along walls rather than slinging. Maybe an option to increase the button size would be a good compromise?

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi guys!!! Lot of familiar faces in this thread.

Sorry to get emotional for a moment but coming back to this website is genuinely hard for me, especially going and checking old regular’s pages and seeing they haven’t been active for 2+ years… it’s heartbreaking and I miss the heyday of this community so much.

It’s crushing to think about the success a game like this may have seen on the app store back in the day. A much younger JCho would have lost his marbles over it—a Lovecraftian Sci-Fi stealth action game??? like are you JOKING?!

All this to say, I’m extremely excited to give this a spin, and even more ecstatic that it seems like it delivers on its potential from what you have all said. I can’t think of a more ideal game to tear me away from the new Dead Space Remake! I hope from the bottom of my heart the developers see great success from this, and get to continue making things they’re proud of.

I don’t mean to be a downer, but I love you all, and miss the heydays so dearly. I’ve just graduated college a month ago, and it’s crazy how fast time passes. I joined TA over a decade ago! And with a new Bug Heroes game around the corner, and games like this, the future is looking bright for iOS still (not that it ever died)! Now, all I need is a remake of Dead Space mobile…

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!

4. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    Hey everyone! @JCho133 invited us over to say hi!
    We are overjoyed with the response from you guys on Madness/Endless! It's very heartwarming to see people picking up what we wanted to explore with the game. Now that we're here, you can shoot us a question here or over on our twitter page @PoketheAnt

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Welcome!! Beat the first boss not long ago, such cool design!

The art style is really hard to pin down, it’s like shapeshifty pixel art that gives it a really hand drawn feel

Poke the Ant likes this.
  6. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    That was our goal! Almost everything is animated by hand.

JCho133 likes this.
  7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

Poke the Ant likes this.
  8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Welcome to the thread, @Poke the Ant!

Been having an absolute blast playing your game. Sometimes my thumb slips off the control stick while trying to sneak along the walls. Would you consider allowing for button resizing in a future update? I’d probably make the stick just a little bigger. If that’s too much that’s ok - I’m managing fine with the default control stick.

Glad to have you here!

Mike (AKD)

Poke the Ant and JCho133 like this.
  9. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    Hi Mike! We're so glad you like the game.

We actually tried options with the bigger joystick, floating joystick etc. some time back, during development. Your request is very reasonable and we appreciate the feedback.
    We are considering adding different options for the joystick, but we are planning a new game very soon and that decision might be on hold for a bit.

JCho133 and Anotherkellydown like this.
  10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    New game already? my heart!

11. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    Planning, writing, laying out the mechanics, all that good stuff.

gaberaph and JCho133 like this.
  12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the App Store top 10!!!

Poke the Ant likes this.
  13. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    Thank you JCho133! High score on the app store is #8 in Action and #23 on the Paid Apps list. It makes us super happy just to be there, let alone in the top 10 :)

sebgo and JCho133 like this.
  14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hadn’t noticed this one until I saw it today on App Sliced. Enjoying it a lot. How long is the main campaign more or less? I know you have to do it twice to see both endings, just curious on how much gameplay there is before getting onto endless mode.

Poke the Ant likes this.
  15. Poke the Ant

Poke the Ant Member

Feb 1, 2023
    Game Developer
    The depths
    Hi there!
    The main campaign is roughly 8 hours long. You can jump into endless mode whenever you feel like it - it unlocks as you unlock biomes in the main campaign.
    Hope this helps!

sebgo and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! Saw I have the endless option in the menu. I think I’m going to continue the campaign for the moment tho, I’m quite intrigued with the story, lol!

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    +
    +1 to this. Another solution would be to divide the screen in 2 vertical halves: one of them for the floating joystick + secondary object button and the other one for the slash, giving the option in settings to change sides, for left and right handed people.

Of course, this solution implies using two hands instead of one. Maybe you can give 1-hand or 2-hands options to control the game. When 1-hand is chosen, it is as it is now. When 2-hands is chosen, you give the split-screen option I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Please give it a thought, because I’ve also had several miss-touches to the joystick which have made me die and forced me to restart the level, thanks!

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I’ve tried playing on my iPad with 2x screen size (since it’s iPhone only) and it works like charm. The size of the buttons are all much better suited for my hands :) the only pity is that the savegame logically doesn’t transfer, but it’s amazing to play again and make different decisions, lol!